EJH CHEER DRESS CODE
1. Snug fitting shirt and shorts are required at all practices. Athletic appropriate capris or leggings, pullover sweatshirt with no pockets or hood., encouraged in cold months. Tank tops must not have spaghetti straps. Shirts may have writing or graphics on them as long as they are not vulgar, sexually suggestive, or promote drugs, tobacco or alcohol. Shirts may not be tied up the front or back for slit on the side and no fringe. *Violators will not be permitted to participate in team practice until appropriate attire is worn and will complete alternate conditioning.
2. Do not roll shorts or sweats. All clothing must be free of zippers and buttons. No jeans! Appropriate length shorts. Absolutely no spandex shorts, sport bras will not be worn as tops. Shorts must be of a conservative length, bloomer’s are not shorts and will not be worn as shorts.
3. Practice shoes must be athletic tennis shoes without zippers or platforms and must have a back, no converse.
4. Simple stub earrings may be worn at coaches discretion and at your own risk! They must be spherical conservative round white diamond, gold, white pearl, or silver earrings as a set and not distract from the uniform, they will not exceed 6mm in size. If an athlete has multiple piercings, only one set of earrings may be worn and will be worn in the lowest piercing on the earlobe. All other jewelry is expressly prohibited including bellybutton rings and oral jewelry. If a cheerleader has a medical alert bracelet it must be taped to the wrist or under the apparel.
5. Fingernails must be trimmed to a sport length, athlete must able to make a fist without leaving indentions in the palm. Fingernail polish on game days must be uniform throughout the team, will be in team colors or think pink themed for October, no chipped or artificial nails anytime.
6. Hair must be up and out of face, absolutely no metal hair clips or clip in bows, Bobby pins are permitted.
7. Game day make up is to be natural. No eyeshadow, dark or excessive liner.
8. The cheer uniform is your property and your responsibility. Uniform must be clean and in good condition for use on game and competition days. If uniform is damaged replacement cost will be no less than $120, cheerleaders must have a uniform to participate.