Thank you for nominating an outstanding woman for this year's Tribute to Women event!
East Tennessee’s foremost celebration honoring women, YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley’s 36th Annual Tribute to Women, will be held on Thursday, September 9, 2021. This annual event recognizes women who exemplify the mission of the YWCA: empowering women and eliminating racism.
*** Who Is Eligible ***
- Nominations are open to women, at least 18 years old, and in all fields and industries, who have made significant contributions to supporting diversity, racial justice, and empowering women in the community.
- Any individual, corporation, agency, civic organization, school, place of worship, or other group may nominate an individual candidate or group candidate—with the exception of relatives.
- The nominee must reside, be employed, or be active in Anderson, Blount, Grainger, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Roane, Sevier, or Union counties.
- Current members of the YWCA Board of Directors, staff, Past Tribute to Women Honorees, or members of the 2021 Tribute to Women Committee are not eligible for nomination.
*** Nomination Process ***
- Nominators must fully complete and submit the nomination form by 11:59 PM EST on May 17, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Nominators must contact the nominee prior to submitting the form. Nominees will be contacted for follow-up and information verification.
- Nominees must be willing to meet the requirements for honorees, if selected.
- All nominators will be notified regarding the status of their nominee by June 15.
*** Honoree Selection Process ***
- Honorees will be selected by a panel of out-of-state judges from sister YWCA Associations with no connection to East Tennessee.
- Please note: in 2021, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Tribute to Women will consist of only Honorees in each of the seven categories. Finalists in each of the categories will not be announced.
- YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley will announce the 7 Honorees (one in each category) in July 2021.
*** Honoree Requirements ***
Those selected as honorees must be able to:
1. provide brief biographical information by June 15;
2. provide a photograph of themselves by June 15 for use in all publicity;
3. make themselves available for the taping of a short video interview in July;
4. attend the Tribute to Women on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
*** Questions? ***
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process or the event, please contact Karlyn Reel at (865) 523-6126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: you will not be able to save your progress on this form to complete at a later date. We recommend that you prepare your responses in a Word Document before completing the form. These questions can also be found at www.ywcaknox.com.**