Thank you for participating, or considering participating, in The Birmingham Jewish Federation programming.
As with the transmission of any communicable disease, like a cold or the flu, you may be exposed to COVID-19 (also known as “coronavirus”) at any time or any place.
We want you to know that we recommend and expect our participants, prospects, hosts, staff, and volunteers, to follow personal protection and disinfection protocols to limit transmission of all diseases at our events, including but not limited to hand washing, the wearing of masks, and of maintaining recommended social distancing.
In spite of these recommendations and expectations, however, there still is a chance that you may be exposed to an illness at one of our Birmingham Jewish Federation Programs, just as you might at your gym, grocery store, or any other place where people may congregate, and we want to make sure that you understand these risks. We, therefore, ask you to review, understand, and agree to the following terms and conditions.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as noncontagious by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
To the fullest extent permissible under law, you agree to waive and forego any claim or cause of action that you may have against The Birmingham Jewish Federation, its affiliates, owners, members, employees, directors, board members, agents, hosts, and volunteers, and all of their representatives, heirs, estates, successors, and assigns, attributable to, arising out of, or in any way related to COVID 19 or other communicable diseases that you may contract while at a Federation Program. You understand and agree that, by your signature below, you are providing us with your informed consent to waive any right to make a claim or bring a cause of action with full knowledge of the risk of COVID 19, including that it may cause severe illness up to and including death, and you accept this risk. For the avoidance of doubt, you further understand and agree that your informed consent means that you cannot sue us if you contract COVID-19.