MUST READ BEFORE SIGNING & SUBMITTING REQUEST
One ACRE Café 2021 Guidelines for Local Produce Donations
Thank you for your interest in sharing produce from your garden with One ACRE Café! Your donation of fresh produce helps us to provide healthy, nutritious meals for our community.
The following procedures and guidelines will be used for the 2021 growing season and are in place to help keep product at its peak and ensure it is free of contaminates:
All producers must complete a 2021 Fresh Produce Registration Form.
(Produce cannot be accepted without a preapproved Registration Form)
DROP OFF TIMES:
Produce can only be accepted and processed between 9am -11am and 1pm-3pm Monday - Friday. This is due to the limited staff at OAC, limited storage, and the Health Department requirement to properly manage the fresh donations.
- Preferred delivery day is Monday. We place our food orders Monday afternoon. It is helpful to have donations before paying for additional produce from our vendors.
- For planning purposes, if you cannot harvest and deliver on Mondays, please communicate via email or phone call to let us know what you may be bringing and when.
- Produce must be free from pesticides and other chemicals.
- Produce must be thoroughly washed and "shelf ready" before bringing them to the café.
- Produce items must be unprocessed and whole (not sliced or cut). This does not mean still on the vine. This does not mean bring the whole plant. It simply means do not cut up the onions or tomatoes, etc.
We prefer that you bring your produce in containers that can be easily sanitized, plastic crates or wax coated boxes. We can unload the produce and get those back to you in the moment. If you do not have access to these, let us know and we can explore other options.
Please bring a written list of items and amount donated each time and include the date, your contact info and signature. We must document where our food comes from in case there is a problem.
We require larger quantities of produce to serve lots of people. Sometimes we have other produce to combine with yours, but not always. We want to be able to get the product on our menu in a timely manner and make sure it is still good quality.
Below are suggested quantities.
- Cucumbers - 5 lbs per week
- Lettuce - 6 to 8 lbs per week
- Kale - 10 lbs per week
- Zucchini - 5 to 8 lbs per week
- Corn - quantity will be discussed when produce is ready for harvest
- Onions - yellow? What variety? 8 lbs per week
- Tomatoes – Variety? Quantity may vary
- Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew - quantity will be discussed when produce is ready for harvest
- Cabbage - 25 lbs per week or bi weekly
- Red & Green bell peppers - 5 to 8 lbs per week
- Jalapeño peppers - small quantities, specialty item