On behalf of the company listed here, we agree to abide by all rules and regulations outlined by ODTUG. We understand that email updates containing necessary information about participation in the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event June 21–July 1, 2021, will be sent to the primary email address listed on this agreement.
This contract between ODTUG and the exhibiting company (“Sponsor/Exhibitor”) hereby applies to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Page and Virtual Exhibit Booth at the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event.
By submitting this Sponsorship Agreement (“Agreement”) to ODTUG, the Sponsor/Exhibitor agrees to sponsor the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event (the “Virtual Event”) scheduled to be held virtually on the dates stated in this agreement, pursuant to the terms set forth below.
By agreeing to this contract, Sponsor/Exhibitor will comply with the rules and regulations outlined by ODTUG. ODTUG reserves the right to make changes to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page and Virtual Exhibit Booth, such as placement, hours, and dates, which will be provided to the Sponsor/Exhibitor no later than May 1, 2021, in the Sponsor/Exhibitor Kit. The Sponsor/Exhibitor is responsible for the information and deadlines contained in the Sponsor/Exhibitor Kit and is therefore required to meet all deadlines. Missed deadlines may result in losing specific marketing or logistic opportunities. If the Sponsor/Exhibitor is purchased or in any way merges with any other company, the new company assumes all responsibilities laid out in the original contract.
This Agreement will be considered accepted by ODTUG when the Sponsor/Exhibitor electronically completes this Agreement and pays all fees, at which time the Agreement will bind the parties, subjecting each to the following terms and conditions:
1. Sponsor/Exhibitor agrees to the terms described in this Agreement.
2.1. "Marketing Materials" shall mean the digital or written materials of ODTUG promoting the Virtual Event which will be sent by ODTUG to prospective Virtual Event attendees.
2.2. "Marketing Kit" shall mean the digital or written materials of ODTUG provided to the Sponsor/Exhibitor for promotion to their contacts and audience.
2.3. "Sponsor/Exhibitor Kit" shall mean this Agreement and additional Virtual Event information sent to the Sponsor/Exhibitor from ODTUG, such as the Virtual Event platform guidelines, instructions, and information on the collection of contract deliverables.
2.4. “Virtual Event Lobby” shall mean a landing page for attendees to quickly access information about the event, including what sessions are currently live, sponsor information, and engagement opportunities within the application.
2.5. Virtual Exhibit Hall" shall mean the area of the Virtual Event where attendees will be directed during exhibit hall hours to access the sponsors’ Virtual Booths, which are directly linked to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page(s).
2.6. “Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page” shall mean the feature in the virtual event platform that allows attendees to access all the sponsor and exhibitors landing pages. Each listing will include customized branding generated by the sponsor/exhibitor, logo, company name, a label/subtitle (optional; list industry, market, tagline, etc.), virtual booth internal link, sponsorship level and brief description. In any training generated from Socio (the virtual platform), this page may be referred to as the “Sponsor Feature.”
2.6.1. Customized Branding Image Specs:
Size: 1200px by 300px
File types: jpg, jpeg, png
Medium: Platinum, HOT, Gold, Silver, Bronze
Size: 800px by 400px
File types: jpg, jpeg, png
Small: Virtual Booth
500px x 500 px
File types: jpg, jpeg, png
2.7. "Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page” shall mean the specific page within the virtual platform assigned to the Sponsor for the duration of the Virtual Event. The content included in the Sponsor Exhibitor Landing Page will be directly linked to the sponsor’s Virtual Booth.
2.7.1. “Main content feature” shall mean the expandable center panel within the Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page. Select what you want to showcase: embedded pre-recorded video, website, or pdf.
2.7.2. “Sponsor Collateral” unlimited links/attachments: upload an unlimited number of media and marketing materials to your landing page library. Include internal links to your sessions; drive attendees to external webpages; schedule a meeting using Calendly; share white papers, pdfs, and demo videos; launch polls/questionnaire; add a video call link; etc. ODTUG may withhold or withdraw permission to distribute collateral or any other material it considers objectionable.
2.7.3. Landing page includes company logo & sponsorship level (as mentioned in the “Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page” in 2.6).
2.7.4. Call to action buttons, two (2) customizable—one for email, one for any other internal or external link).
2.7.5. Overview/description (as mentioned in the “Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page” above).
2.7.6. Direct links to sponsored sessions on the virtual agenda.
2.7.7. Direct links to virtual exhibit booth.
2.8. "Virtual Booth" shall mean the Sponsor/Exhibitor’s branded display, which shall occupy the Virtual Exhibit Hall. Sponsor/Exhibitor is only responsible for providing a high-resolution file of their company logo and PMS colors (if applicable) to ODTUG for the booth. Booth placement is based on sponsorship level.
2.8.1. Virtual Booth is directly linked to the Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page.
2.8.2. Dedicated virtual video chat room: 1:1 video calls with up to three participants. Feature is available during exhibit hall hours or for longer durations if preferred (1:1 video calls available April 2021).
2.9. “Virtual Conference Bag” shall mean the “feature” or page within the virtual platform from which attendees can access digital collateral. ODTUG may withhold or withdraw permission to distribute collateral or any other material it considers objectionable.
3. Promotion of Sponsor/Exhibitor:
3.1. Sponsor/Exhibitor will be included in the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event promotional materials for the Virtual Event if the conditions and applicable deadlines specified in this Agreement have been met.
3.2. Sponsor/Exhibitor hereby grants ODTUG a limited license to use Sponsor/Exhibitor’s trade name, trademarks, and service marks for the purpose of promoting Sponsor/Exhibitor’s sponsorship of the Virtual Event.
4. Sponsor/Exhibitor publicity and souvenirs/samples:
4.1. Sponsor/Exhibitor may include and distribute digital brochures, documents, videos, and external links, etc. at/in the Virtual Booth Space and Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page provided that samples have been submitted in advance for approval by ODTUG. ODTUG reserves the right to remove any materials it deems to be inappropriate for display.
4.2. For display on the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event website and Sponsor/Exhibitor Listing Page and inclusion in select promotional emails, ODTUG will provide a list of participating sponsors and exhibitors, a logo, and/or brief description of each sponsoring firm when applicable (ODTUG reserves the right to edit firm descriptions as needed). Sponsorship also includes a complimentary link from the sponsor section of the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event website to the Sponsor/Exhibitor’s homepage.
5. Endorsement: Acceptance of this Agreement does not imply endorsement by ODTUG of Sponsor/Exhibitor or Sponsor/Exhibitor 's products.
6. Sponsor/Exhibitor agrees to abide by the Sponsor/Exhibitor Kit which will be provided no later than May 1, 2021 as part of this Agreement.
7. Reservation of ODTUG: ODTUG reserves the right, at any time, to:
7.1. Reject or limit Sponsor/Exhibitor and/or Virtual Exhibit if, in the sole reasonable judgment of ODTUG: (i) the Virtual Exhibit or any items or materials proposed by Sponsor to be distributed or displayed at the Virtual Event (“Sponsor Collateral”) do not meet the standards expected of a display; (ii) the Virtual Booth, Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page, or Sponsor Collateral are objectionable for any reason; or (iii) the Virtual Booth, Sponsor/Exhibitor Landing Page, or Sponsor Collateral detract from or is not in keeping with the character of the event as a whole;
7.2. Request removal of any souvenirs, samples, or other virtual handouts of Sponsor Collateral which have not been approved by ODTUG;
7.3. Eject from the Virtual Event any person or persons who, in the sole reasonable judgment of ODTUG, are conducting themselves in an objectionable manner; and/or
7.4. Enforce any other term or condition expressed in this Agreement.
8. Default and Forbearance
a. In the event that ODTUG avails itself of the remedies set forth in Section 7, the Sponsor/Exhibitor shall be deemed in default of this Agreement and ODTUG shall have the right to terminate this Agreement in its sole discretion (“Default”).
b. Any dispute or controversy arising under or in connection with Sponsor/Exhibitor’s Default under this Agreement shall be settled exclusively by arbitration to be conducted before an arbitrator in Wilmington, North Carolina, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s award in any court having jurisdiction; the expense of such arbitration shall be borne by the Sponsor/Exhibitor. Sponsor/Exhibitor expressly waives its right to trial, whether bench or jury, and shall forego filing a lawsuit in any jurisdiction in the event of its Default.
9. Delegate Registration:
9.1. Sponsor/Exhibitor shall receive the complimentary Virtual Event registrations (full complimentary conference pass(s), client pass(es), if applicable), and booth attendant passes. Sponsor/Exhibitor must register all attendees who will be using complimentary passes to attend the Virtual Event by 15 business days out from the Virtual Event start. In the event Sponsor has not used all complimentary registrations by the due date, any unused registrations may be forfeited.
9.2. Complimentary registrations allow access to all educational sessions, workshops, and social events; booth attendant passes do not include access to the educational sessions.
9.3. Sponsor/Exhibitor may purchase additional full Virtual Event registrations at the discounted ODTUG member rate, subject to availability.
10. Assignments: Unless written permission is obtained no later than one month prior to start of Event from the ODTUG Contact, Sponsor/Exhibitor may not: (a) assign this Agreement; (b) sublet, assign, or apportion its reservation/space at the Event; and/or (c) use the Event to represent any other firm, individual, company, or party other than Sponsor/Exhibitor’s firm/company.
11. Liability and Insurance: Each party will indemnify, defend, and hold the other harmless from any loss, liability, costs, or damages arising from actual or threatened claims resulting from its breach of this Agreement or the negligence, gross negligence, or intentional misconduct of such party or its officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, members, or participants when acting within the scope of their employment or agency. Neither party will be liable for punitive damages.
12. Terms of Payment: Unless otherwise specified in this Contract, payment of fees shall be made in US currency by credit card payment, check, or bank transfer payable to ODTUG, and shall be due within thirty (30) days after receiving the invoice or prior to the start of the first event, whichever is earlier (May 21, 2021). All credit card payments are subject to a 3% processing fee to be paid by the Exhibitor/Sponsor. No advertising or benefits will be fulfilled by ODTUG until payment is made.
13.1. No refunds will be made in full or in part except as detailed in section 13.2 below.
13.2. Sponsor/Exhibitor Cancellation Policy: Full payment of Sponsor/Exhibitor is due with a signed contract. In the event the Sponsor/Exhibitor wishes to cancel sponsorship, the Sponsor/Exhibitor must send notice of cancellation in writing. If the Exhibitor cancels more than forty-five (45) days before the event, Sponsor/Exhibitor shall receive a 50% refund. In the event the Exhibitor cancels between forty-five (45) and thirty (30) days before the event, Sponsor/Exhibitor shall receive a 25% refund. If the Exhibitor cancels less than thirty (30) days before the event, the fees are non-refundable. Sponsor/Exhibitor is responsible for payment of such fees regardless of the reason for cancellation.
13.3. ODTUG Cancellation Policy: Should the conference be cancelled for reasons of continued pandemic or any other reason not covered as an act of god, ODTUG will notify Sponsors/Exhibitors as soon as logistically possible once the decision to cancel or postpone has been made. ODTUG will maintain the latest information regarding the cancellation or potential cancellation on its website. ODTUG will offer a full refund of the sponsorship monies paid only if the decision to cancel or postpone the Event is prior to the start date of the conference. Sponsors/Exhibitors will have the option to invest any paid funds in another ODTUG conference. ODTUG will present these options in writing via email as soon as they are available.
13.4. The performance of this agreement by either party, in part or in full, is subject to events or occurrences beyond their control to include acts of God, war or threat of war, government regulation or advisories, disaster, fire, hurricanes, earthquakes, strikes, civil disorders, terrorism or the threat of terrorism, curtailment of transportation services, or other emergencies beyond the control of either party making it illegal, impossible, or commercially impracticable to attend or participate in this conference or to provide the services outlined in this agreement.
14. In the event that the Sponsor/Exhibitor terminates this agreement due to events or occurrences listed in Section 13.4 above, the Sponsor/Exhibitor will provide written notification to ODTUG. The Sponsor/Exhibitor will not be assessed liquidated damages, fees of any kind, or service charges. Any and all monies paid by the Sponsor/Exhibitor (including sponsorship fees and registration fees) to ODTUG will be refunded within thirty days or credited towards a future event or advertising (to be mutually agreed upon by both parties).
15. Vendor Communications: By signing this contract, Sponsor/Exhibitor is opting in to receive third-party marketing communications from vendors associated with the Event, including order reminders from key show providers.
16. For any Sponsor/Exhibitor that has previously entered into a contract/agreement for ODTUG Kscope20 or ODTUG Kscope21, the terms of this Agreement shall amend, supersede, and replace any previous contract/agreement, and the terms of the prior contract/agreement will become null and void or be considered fulfilled upon the parties’ execution of this Agreement. Any sponsorship deposit will be credited towards the ODTUG Kscope21 Virtual Event Sponsorship items outlined in this Agreement. Any remaining amount will either be credited to ODTUG Kscope22 sponsorship or credited back to the vendor.