Risks / Side effects
All things considered, Dermaplaning is very safe.
- Of course, bleeding is possible as the treatment involves the use of a sharp surgical blade. As with your own shaving experiences in the shower, cuts are extremely rare and more annoying than painful.
- Makeup may be applied after Dermaplaning, in fact you may note that your makeup glides on and sits much better on your face after a session than before.
- Your technician will take every precaution to ensure that your skin is well hydrated and calm following each session. However, you may experience excessive dryness or even some peeling between sessions, which may or may not be normal.
- You may experience more sensitive skin as well as some redness after the first couple of sessions. This normally goes away after 2 to 3 hours.
- Dermaplaning may cause minor superficial abrasions which may not appear until a day or two following your treatment. If this should occur, please contact Shear Bliss so that we can arrange a post-treatment follow up with you.
- After your treatment, SPF 30+ MUST be worn at all times.
- Always seek medical advice if you have any concerns or complications, as well as informing Shear Bliss.