By registering to be a Lane Ranger, each Lane Ranger agrees to the Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, a Lane Ranger is an independent contractor and supplies their services to TBA in that capacity only. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a relationship of employer and employee between TBA and the Lane Ranger.
TBA may accept or reject this application for registration in its absolute discretion. It is the Lane Ranger’s responsibility to ensure that they have met and continue to meet the requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions. If the Lane Ranger breaches or fails to meet any of the requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions TBA may, in its absolute discretion, suspend or terminate the Lane Ranger registration.
TBA may at any time withdraw a Lane Ranger’s right to conduct the Bowl Abilities Program if TBA elects or is compelled or obliged to cease promoting and conducting the Bowl Abilities Program for any reason.
Your responsibility for your assistant Lane Rangers and Volunteers
The Lane Ranger is responsible for ensuring that any assistants and/or volunteers helping with running the Bowl Abilities Program also comply with these Terms and Conditions. Each Lane Ranger will remain fully responsible and liable to TBA under these Terms and Conditions for any act or omission of any sub-contractor, employee or volunteer (including any assistants) as if such act or omission was performed or done by the Lane Ranger him/herself.
Lane Ranger Requirements
It is the responsibility of the Lane Ranger to:
- register as a Lane Ranger with TBA via www.bowlabilities.com.au at least four weeks prior to the first program commencing;
- complete all online training requirements including Special Olympics courses to deliver TBA's Bowl Abilities Program;
- ensure each Bowl Abilities Program is delivered as per the training and lesson plans as may be directed by TBA;
- provide TBA with a current State/Territory WWCC or State/Territory equivalent prior to commencement of the Bowl Abilities Program.
- ensure any volunteers (with the exception of parent helpers) assisting the Lane Ranger, provide the Lane Ranger/centre with a current WWCC or equivalent;
- wear the Lane Ranger uniform (polo shirt with black trousers) at all times while participating in the program;
- not use a Bowl Abilities Program’s intellectual property or Logo/s for any purpose other than delivering a Bowl Abilities Program at a Bowl Abilities Centre; and
- not disclose any confidential details of a Bowl Abilities Program to any third party (except Bowl Abilities Program volunteers), for any purpose other than delivering a Bowl Abilities Program at a Bowl Abilities Centre.
To the extent required by TBA, a Lane Ranger must comply with the Brand Guidelines and must have the prior written consent of TBA when using the Logo for marketing, promotional or other activities. The Lane Ranger must only display, use or refer to the Logo and its colours as approved in writing by TBA and in good faith so as to enhance and promote the goodwill and reputation of TBA and the Bowl Abilities Program.
At all times, the most recently updated version of the Brand Guidelines must be adhered to. The Brand Guidelines will be made available on the Bowl Abilities website and may be amended from time to time. TBA may conduct random audits to ensure compliance with the Brand Guidelines.
In using the Logo, the Lane Ranger must comply with any reasonable direction of TBA.
It is imperative that TBA protects its intellectual property and ensures consistent use of its brand. When making reference to the Bowl Abilities Program, a Lane Ranger must use the full program name (as notified by TBA to the Bowl Abilities Centre from time to time) in all promotional, marketing or communication documents, or as advised by TBA.
TBA reserves the right to secure any sponsorship or partners in relation to the Bowl Abilities Program. In such event, TBA may require and direct a Lane Ranger to use or display any promotional, marketing or communication documents as advised by TBA, provided such requirement and direction is reasonable and does not create a conflict for the Bowl Abilities Centre.
TBA reserves the right to revoke or suspend the Lane Ranger’s right to use the Logo at any time. Reasons for revocation or suspension may include, but are not limited to, a failure by the Lane Ranger to adhere to the above requirements. If this occurs, or if the Lane Ranger’s registration is not renewed, or is suspended or terminated, the Lane Ranger must immediately cease all use of the Logo.
The Lane Ranger is subject to and agrees to comply with and be bound by all relevant TBA Policies and By-Laws including the Member Protection Policy (each as amended from time to time) which are available at https://www.tenpin.org.au/about-tba/policies/
Member Protection Declaration
A Lane Ranger acknowledges and agrees that he or she will comply and be bound by TBA’s Member Protection Policy at all times. If TBA becomes aware that the Lane Ranger is under investigation in relation to any criminal matter of the kind referred to in TBA’s Member Protection Policy, the Lane Ranger’s registration may be suspended until further notice.
Working with Children/Vulnerable People Check &/OR National Police Check
A valid original or certified copy of a National Police check (in states which have not introduced screening legislation) or Working with Children card number (or the relevant state equivalent in states where screening legislation has been introduced) for the Lane Ranger or any volunteers (with the exception of parent helpers) assisting the Lane Ranger, must be submitted at the time of application (unless the Lane Ranger is a current accredited TBA coach and has already submitted this information).
If TBA is made aware of any relevant change to the Lane Ranger’s working with children status (or relevant state equivalent), TBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate that Lane Ranger’s registration.
The Lane Ranger is responsible for ensuring any assistants or volunteers helping with running the Bowl Abilities Program comply with state/territory legislation in regard to working with children. TBA may conduct random audits to ensure compliance. In the case of non-compliance, TBA reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Lane Ranger’s registration or prohibit any volunteers assisting the Lane Ranger.
The Lane Ranger, assistants and volunteers are covered by TBA’s insurance program provided they are TBA members.
Indemnity and Release
The Lane Ranger agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TBA, its directors, officers and employees against any loss, damage, claim and expense arising out of or in connection with:
- any negligent, reckless, wrongful or unlawful act or omission of the Lane Ranger (or an assistant under the direction or control of the Lane Ranger) in connection with the Bowl Abilities Program;
- any illness or injury to a Bowl Abilities Participant, or any loss of or damage to any property of, the TBA Bowl Abilities Program; or
- any breach by the Lane Ranger of these Terms and Conditions.
The Lane Ranger releases TBA and its directors, officers and employees from any liability arising out of or in connection with:
- any loss of or damage to any property of the Lane Ranger, a Bowl Abilities Participant or any property for which the Lane Ranger is responsible in connection with the Bowl Abilities Program; or
- any injury or illness or death of the Lane Ranger or any Bowl Abilities Participant.
The indemnities and releases set out above survive the expiry or termination of the Lane Rangers registration and these Terms and Conditions.
Without limiting any of the above, each Lane Ranger acknowledges that their name will be included on www.bowlabilities.com.au where it will be attached to the relevant program.
Discontinuation from the Program
If a Lane Ranger wishes to discontinue from the Bowl Abilities Program at any stage, he or she must not make any public representation(s) as to his or her continued involvement with the program. TBA may request that the Lane Ranger return specific items to TBA and the Lane Ranger must comply with any such requests immediately.
Variation of these Terms and Conditions
TBA reserves the right to vary or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time by replacing these Terms and Conditions on its website.
By signing the acknowledgement below, the undersigned agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions: