Thank you for your interest in mentoring an ENCEP participant. We’re excited you want to share your knowledge and experience with a promising eastern NC company.
What is ENCEP? Who is ENCEP For?
The Eastern NC Entrepreneurial Promise is a virtual, regional business incubator designed for companies run by minorities and women and/or located in economically distressed counties of eastern NC. ENCEP will provide intensive support for business owners who are focused and prepared to scale their business exponentially. ENCEP is a partnership between NCIFund and the National Institute, launched with support from the NC IDEA Foundation.
The fourth ENCEP cohort of up to 15 companies will begin on March 7, 2023.
We're looking for companies who:
- Are eager to work with a mentor, learn from experts, and network with other entrepreneurs;
- Have less than $250,000 in annual revenues;
- Want to scale to $1 million in revenue and/or 50 employees within 5 years; and
- Are located in an Eastern NC Tier I or Tier II county.
At least 75% of the cohort companies will be run by minorities or women and 75% will be located in a Tier 1 or Tier II county.
What will ENCEP participants receive?
ENCEP participants will commit to attend virtual sessions for 10 weeks, 4 hours/week. Their goal will be to develop a growth plan they can use in the months ahead to scale their business successfully. In addition, companies will benefit from:
- A mentor
- 1:1 coaching
- Strategic advisory services
- Peer networking
- Connections to capital
What’s required of mentors?
Mentors will be instrumental to the success of ENCEP participants. Mentors are welcome (but not required) to participate in the weekly sessions. We ask that mentors:
- Commit to a 1-hour conversation with an ENCEP company once per week for 10 weeks during the program, and 4 more conversations over the two months following the sessions.
- Ask good questions, be a supportive sounding board for the entrepreneur, and share your experience and knowledge as appropriate.