- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven. Unshaven clients will be rescheduled.
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Clients who are sunburned or tanned must wait 2 weeks before being treated to avoid additional
- Avoid sunless tanning products 7 days prior to your treatment. It is recommended that you
exfoliate the area to remove any residual color.
- If applicable, apply numbing cream 30 to 40 minutes prior to your treatment. All products must be completely removed prior to treatment.
- Clients should come to appointments with clean skin in the area to be treated. All clients who are treating any part of their face or neck will be required to cleanse their entire face in the clinic.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior and
two weeks after your laser treatment.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone,
retinols/retinoid, Tazorac, and Differin for 7 days before treatment.
- Clients with any abnormal lesions, moles or spots on the area to be treated must be cleared by
a medical practitioner prior to treatment.
- Clients must stop waxing, tweezing and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take an anti-viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment. Clients with active cold sores will not be treated.
- Clients who have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months CANNOT have
laser hair removal treatments.
- Client should not perform any physical activity that increases body temperature or blood
pressure within 2 hours before and after treatments.
- If you have Botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, wait 14 days both before and after injection to receive treatments.
- Antibiotics may increase photosensitivity. We recommend that you check with your personal
physician prior to receiving laser treatments if you are taking a long-term antibiotic. If you become ill and begin taking an antibiotic, you will need to be off the medication for 7 days before laser treatment.
- Boots may not be worn immediately after leg treatments
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR TREATMENT:
- Clients with red, grey or blonde hair in the area to be treated should consult with a Laser Technician prior to receiving treatments, as the laser is less effective on these hair colors.
- During your treatment you can expect slight discomfort, similar to a rubber-band snap on your skin. An over the counter numbing cream is available for purchase. Consult your laser technician with questions.
- You may experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. If these conditions persist, topical creams such as Restorative Gel (highest recommended), aloe, calamine or hydrocortisone may be applied.
- Allow a minimum of 7 to 14 days post treatment for hair to “fall out" or shed from the skin.
- On average, clients experience up to 30% reduction after each treatment.
- For best results, allow your technician(s) to customize your treatment schedule based on your needs.
- Be advised, clients may not bring children under the age of 12 to their appointments.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS:
- The best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid UV exposure for 7 days pre- and post- treatment.
- Avoid sunburns and tans for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid sunless tanning products for 7 days before treatment.
- Provide your technician with an accurate and up to date medical history in order to receive safe
and effective treatments.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include; Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin),
Hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), mild to moderate burns or blisters, permanent skin discoloration, temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red “puffiness and small bumps like “goose bumps”), swelling and itching in the treated area, hives, rashes, bruising, and lack of desired results.
- Clients who are pregnant cannot be treated.
- Technicians cannot treat over tattoos.
- If you have epilepsy, EN Signature Brows and Beauty is unable to provide treatment.