KAYAK ANGLERS OF VA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT READ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANY KAV COMPETITIVE EVENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC’s Event and its related competition and activities, I, the undersigned (or registrant), being at least 18 years of age, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. I affirm that my participation in any KAV Event is voluntary and declare that I am physically fit and capable to participate in such; and
2. I acknowledge that kayak fishing participation and competition involves certain inherent dangers, and hazards; that the risk of injury from the activities involved in this event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, physical fitness, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary Terms and Conditions for Participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of KAV Officers or Tournament Directors; and,
5. In full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS KAYAK ANGLERS OF VA, LLC and its owners, officers, managers, officials, volunteer event staff, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, event service and technology providers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Releasees from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, for costs, loss, expenses, or damages to personal property, or personal injury, or death, which may result from my participation in the KAV Event.
COVID-19 The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions to which Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC. (the “Organization”) adheres.
COVID-19 Acknowledgements In consideration of my participation in the foregoing, the undersigned acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I am aware of the existence of the risk on my physical appearance to the venue and my participation to the activity of the Organization that may cause injury or illness such as, but not limited to Influenza, MRSA, or COVID-19 that may lead to paralysis or death.
2. I have not experienced symptoms that of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the last 14 days.
3. I have not, nor any member(s) of my household, traveled by sea or by air, internationally within the past 30 days.
4. I did not, nor any member of my household, visit any any area within the United States that was reported to be highly affected by COVID-19, in the last 30 days .
5. I have not been, nor any member(s) of my household, diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within the last 30 days.
COVID-19 Declarations Following the pronouncements above I hereby declare the following:
1. I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions while and during may participation and I recognize that I may be in any case be at risk of contracting COVID-19.ice
2. With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
3. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organization from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
I hereby grant the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web- based publications, without payment or other consideration.
I understand and agree that all photos taken by KAV are the property of the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC and will not be returned.
I hereby irrevocably authorize the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo.
I hereby hold harmless, release, and forever discharge the Kayak Anglers of VA, LLC from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE PHOTO RELEASE. I AFFIRM THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR, IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, I HAVE OBTAINED THE REQUIRED CONSENT OF MY PARENTS/GUARDIANS AS EVIDENCED BY THEIR SIGNATURES BELOW. I ACCEPT: