If you are qualifying for a loan with a co-borrower, please complete all of the co-borrower information including employment, income, and liabilities/debt. Signature required.
AUTHORIZATION TO OBTAIN AND RELEASE INFORMATION
I authorize United Housing, Inc. to:(a) Pull my/our credit report to review for housing counseling, lending procedures, or informational inquiry purposes; (if you are in homebuyer education class only United Housing will not pull your credit.)(b) Release and/or receive credit, financial, employment, and other information to or from other agencies or firms as may be essential for improving my housing situation;
c)Obtain a copy of the Closing Disclosure, HUD-1 Settlement Statement, Appraisal, and Real Estate Note(s) from the lender or title company when I purchase a home.
I/We also authorize the release of information concerning the disposition of my (our) credit counseling outcome and action plan to my (our) Real Estate Agent (s), Mortgage Lenders, HUD, THDA or Neighbor-works America. I also authorize all collection agencies or creditors to explain in detail and history of payments made and any arrangements made on any debt in my name.
I/We also authorize my mortgage lender to release information concerning my (our) loan including, but not limited to, loan application, Loan Estimate, Closing Disclosure and any other documents to United Housing for review by my housing counselor.
I understand that participating in the United Housing Homebuyer Education Class and/or completing this questionnaire does not guarantee that I am approved automatically for a loan or grant from United Housing, Inc. Also, I understand that I do not have to use any of the loan products or services of United Housing, Inc. or work with its partners.
Any intentional misrepresentation of the information on this form can result in civil or criminal charges under the provisions of Title 18, United Status Code, Section 1001. All of the information provided on this form will be handled in a confidential manner. The law provides that a Lender/Agency may neither discriminate on the basis of this information nor on whether you choose to furnish it. However, if you choose not to furnish it, under Federal regulations, this Lender/Agency is required to note race and gender on the basis of visual observation or surname.
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of, race, color, national orgin, religión, sex, familial status, or handicap (disability). I have received a copy of the “Fair Housing, It’s Your Right” pamphlet.
I have read and understood all of the information and certify that I have been truthful in completing this questionnaire.
About Us and Program Purpose
United Housing (UHi) is a nonprofit, HUD-approved comprehensive housing counseling agency. We provide free education workshops and housing counseling, including pre-purchase and foreclosure prevention. We serve all clients regardless of income, race, color, religion, creed, sex. national origin, age, family status, disability, or sexual orientation/gender Identity. We administer our programs in conformity with local, state, and federal ant-discrimination laws, including the iederai Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, ei seq.). As a housing counseiing program participant, please affirm your roles and responsibilities along with the following disclosures and sign, and date the form.
Client and Counselor Roles and Responsibilities
Termination of Services:
Failure to cooperatively work with your housing counselor or UHI will result in discontinuation of counseling services. This includes but it not limited to, missing three consecutive appointments.
Agency Conduct: No United Housing employee, officer, director, contractor, volunteer, or agent shall undertake any action that might result in, or create the appearance of, administering counseling operations for personal or private gain, provide preferential treatment for any person or organization, or engage in conduct that will compromise our agency's compliance with federal regulations and our commitment to serving the best interests of our clients.
Agency Relationships: United Housing has financial affiliation with professional affiliations, HUD, NelghborWorks America, City of Memphis, the state of TN, Shelby County, and banks including but not limited to, Wells Fargo, Paragon Bank, Pinnacle Bank, Patriot Bank, First Horizon Bank, Truist Bank, Landmark Bank, and Independent Bank. As a housing counseling program participant, you are not obligated to use the products and services of United Housing or our industry partners.
Alternative Services, Programs, and Products & Client Freedom of Choice: United Housing has a first time homebuyer program, however, you are not obligated to participate in this or other UHI programs and services while you are receiving housing counseling from our agency. You may consider seeking alternative products and services from entities including the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) for first time homebuyer loan programs, Memphis Area Association of Governments, Frayser CDC and Binghampton CDC for other first-time homebuyer programs. You are entitled to choose whatever real estate professionals, lenders, and lending products that best meet your needs.
Referrals and Communjty Resources: You will be provided a community resource list which includes the City and County services available to meet a variety of needs, including emergency shelter, food bank and legal aid assistance.
Errors and Omissions and Disclaimer of Liabmty: I/we agree UHI, its employees, agents, and directors are not liable for any claims and causes of action arising from errors or omissions by such parties, or related to my participation in UHI counseling; and I hereby release and waive all claims of action against UHI and its affiliates. I have read this document and that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. If any provision of this document is unenforceable, it shall be modified to the extent necessary to make the provision valid and binding, and the remainder of this document shall remain enforceable to the full extent allowed by law.
Quality Assurance: In order to assess client satisfaction and in compliance with grant funding requirements, UHI, or one of its partners, may contact you during or after the completion of your housing counseling service. You may be requested to complete a survey asking you to evaluate your client experience. Your survey data may be confidentially shared with UHI grantors such as HUD or NelghborWorks America.
The client(s), having read the above disclosures and acknowledges receipt of these documents and by signing below agree to the terms of the program. A photo copy of my/our signature(s) may be deemed to be the same as my/our original signature(s) and may be used in place of my/our original signature(s).
United Housing's Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Agreement
Conflicts of interest.
(1) A director, employee, officer, contractor, or agent of United Housing shall not engage in activities that create a real or apparent conflict of interest. Such a conflict would arise if the director, employee, officer, contractor, agent, his or her spouse, child, general partner, or organization in which he or she serves as employee (other than with United Housing), or with whom he or she is negotiating future employment, has a direct interest in the client as a landlord, broker, or creditor, or originates, has a financial interest in, services, or underwrites a mortgage on the client's property, owns or purchases a property that the client seeks to rent or purchase, or serves as a collection agent for the client's mortgage lender, landlord, or creditor.
(2) A director, employee, officer, contractor, or agent of United Housing shall not refer clients fo mortgage lenders, brokers, builders, or real estate sales agents or brokers in which the officer, employee, director, his or her spouse, child, or general partner has a financial nterest. neither may they acquire the dient's property from the trustee in bankruptcy or accept a fee or any other consideratbn for referring a client to mortgage lenders, brokers, builders, or real estate sales agents or brokers.
(3) A director, employee, officer, contractor, or agent of United Housing or any member of his or her immediate family shall avoid any action that might result in, or create 1he appearance of, administering the housing counseling operation for personal or private gain; providing preferential treatmentto any organization or person; or taking any action that might compromise the agency's abUity to ensure compliance \1th the requirements of this part and to serve the best interests of its clients.
(4) HUD rmy investigateagency practices and may take action to inactivate or terminate the agency's approval or participation in the Housing Counselng program.
(5) United Housing must notify HUD of conflicts of interest not later than 15 calendar days after the conflict occurred and report to HUD on the corrective action taken to cure the Immediate, and avoid future, conflicts.
(6) Disclosure requirements. United Housing must provide to all clients a disclosure statement that explicitly describesthe various types of services provided by the agency and any financial relationshipsbetween this agency and any other industry partners. The disclosure must clearly stae that the client is not obligated b receive any other services offered by 1he organ ization or its exclusie partners. Furthermore, the agency must provide information on alternative services, programs, and products.
INDUSTRY and FINANCIAL SERVICES PARTNER DISCLOSURE
United Housing provides a list of our financial and industry partners on our website at www.uhinc.org. The client is not obligated to recieve, purchase or utilize any of the services offered by United Housing or our partners in order to receive housing counseling services or education.
I/we acknowledge that I/we reviewed, and agree to United Housing's Conflict of Interest and Disclosures.