We agree to working with Adopt-A-Dog to get the dog to adoption events and potential adoption meet and greets if and when they arise.
We agree to keep a collar on the dog at all times. We will leave the tag on the dog's collar that identifies the animal as belonging to Adopt-A-Dog.
We understand that Adopt-A-Dog will completely inform us of the known health history and disposition of the dog we are fostering. Even so, there are many unknowns with a rescued animal and we will be alert to health and behavioral issues that may develop while the canine is in our care. Should anything develop, we will notify the rescue immediately. We will consider ourselves the "case manager" for our foster dog.We will keep all records for the dog together, along with notations as to the dog's name, date we started fostering the dog, any preventive medications given (along with date), and any vet care the dog may receive while in our care. We will keep helpful records for an adoptive family, to include type of food eaten, how many times/day the dog eats, whether or not the dog is housetrained, and other important details.
We will notify Adopt-A-Dog prior to taking the dog for any vet care if at all possible. Adopt-A-Dog has specific clinics and veterinarians we work with and Adopt-A-Dog will work with us to make sure the dog is taken to the appropriate place. If we plan to pay for the care ourselves, we can take the dog to our preferred veterinarian. If, however, we are unable to reach Adopt-A-Dog and need to have the dog seen by a veterinarian, and expect Adopt-A-Dog to pay for the visit, we will take the dog to one of the clinics used by Adopt-A-Dog.
Adopt-A-Dog is a shelter and therefore we are able to dispense medication to our foster animals for basic things such as kennel cough, intestinal parasites, ear mites, diarrhea, pain etc. As a foster, you agree to contact Adopt-A-Dog for assistance with medication needs and to discuss your foster dog’s symptoms with a Adopt-A-Dog representative.
Adopt-A-Dog will not reimburse fosters for vet visits or purchase of supplies, medications etc. that were not approved prior by a Adopt-A-Dog representative. We will ask the clinic for a copy of the documentation describing services rendered and costs. We will keep that documentation with the dog's records to be turned over to Adopt-A-Dog and the adoptive family. We understand we are not responsible for paying for vet care while the dog is in our foster care - provided we coordinate any needed care with Adopt-A-Dog prior to getting the dog care. We are fully responsible for any vet care needed due to injury while in our care.
We understand that this foster dog (and any others) are the property of Adopt-A-Dog. We do not have ownership or possession rights to this dog or any others fostered through Adopt-A-Dog. if we decide we wish to adopt the animal we understand we are required to complete the Adopt-A-Dog adoption application, home visit and reference check, approval etc. If we are not approved as an adopter through Adopt-A-Dog, we agree to allow the dog to be adopted out or return the dog to Adopt-A-Dog when requested. If we have questions about any of the above or if something unusual arises during the course of fostering the dog, we will contact Adopt-A-Dog.
1. Foster agrees the dog is to be treated as a family companion and agrees to provide the dog with a safe home, adequate food, water, proper care, exercise, love and attention. Foster agrees not to violate any laws or ordinances with the dog. The dog is not to be used as an attack or protection trained dog and will not be used for commercial guard work.
2. Foster agrees to keep a buckle collar on the dog with ID tag, current rabies tag. If at any time the dog is lost, stolen, hurt or killed, the foster is to notify Adopt-A-Dog immediately.
3. Foster agrees that the dog will be confined inside the home when no one is at home. When the foster is to go away for a prolonged period of time or vacation, foster is to pre-arrange proper care for the dog (with Adopt-A-Dog assistance if needed)
4. The dog is not to ride loose in the bed of pickup trucks, convertibles or to be left in a car when air temperatures exceed 65 degrees.
5. Foster agrees to have a clean, secure fenced area for the dog. If a fenced enclosure is not available, foster agrees to leash walk dog. If foster uses invisible fencing, the dog is to be sufficiently trained before releasing it inside the system. Under no circumstances is the dog to be kept routinely on a runner or tie out.
6. Foster agrees to notify Adopt-A-Dog of change in address/phone number immediately of such change. 7. Adopt-A-Dog makes no guarantees or statements regarding the dog's age, breed, health, or temperament. While Adopt-A-Dog made every effort to provide accurate history and assessment of the dog, we are not able to guarantee the dog’s age, breed, medical status, behavior or disposition. No one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its background, as in the case with a rescued dog. The adopter(s) acknowledge this. Therefore, the foster(s) are encouraged to exercise caution in introducing a foster dog to new situations, family members, other pets, and visitors. The enthusiastic reactions of some children to dogs can often frighten the dog. It is strongly recommended that a responsible adult monitor the interaction between dogs and children at all times.
8. There have not been nor can there be made explicit or implied guarantees or warranties regarding the temperament, behavior or physical condition either of the adopted dog or of its freedom from genetic defects. The dog is fostered "as is"
9. The foster(s) hereby acknowledges, understands, promises and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the rescuers from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of actions, or liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this foster. 10. Please be advised that Adopt-A-Dog and its associates will be not be held responsible or Liable for the actions of any dog when not in our immediate care and custody. By signing this document electronically or physically, the signer understands and agrees to Hold Harmless “Adopt-A-Dog” and its associates from any and all Liabilities pertaining to the actions of the above mentioned dog. The below signed also acknowledges and accepts all the risks involved in the handling of this or any dog.
11. Adopt-A-Dog is available for consultation, advice and assistance pertaining to the health, training and compatibility of the dog. Foster agrees to release Adopt-A-Dog and its members or representatives of any and all possible claims arising from injury or damage caused by the dog to any person or property. Adopter accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract.
12. If for whatever reason the foster is unable to keep this dog, the foster MUST return the dog to Adopt-A-Dog
13. Foster agrees not to give away, sell or dispose of the dog without express consent of Adopt-A-Dog. Any potential adopters need to be approved and screened by a Adopt-A-Dog representative.
14. Foster will allow Adopt-A-Dog to conduct home visits and phone check-ins at their discretion after in order to check on the dog’s welfare.
15. In the event the dog being fostered sustains any serious injuries or suffers from any health related conditions as a direct result of the gross and wanton actions or omissions of the foster, and in the event such injuries or health related conditions require veterinary care, any and all expenses, including veterinary costs, incurred by Adopt-A-Dog, its agents, servants, and/or employees shall be fully reimbursed by the foster upon written demand and within 10 days of such demand.
16. In the event this contract, including all its covenants and conditions, is breached by foster, Adopt-A-Dog has the right to rescind this contract and demand return of the dog at any time. If foster fails to return the dog, Adopt-A-Dog will seek a Court Order for return of the dog and seek liquidated damages from the foster in the amount of $1500 plus any court costs or attorney’s fees. Payment of damages shall not excuse foster from returning the dog to Adopt-A-Dog.
17. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon foster and Adopt-A-Dog and their successors or beneficiaries. Both parties have fully read and understood all of the agreement, which sets forth all promises, conditions, and understandings, oral or written.
18. By emailing this foster contract on behalf of any dog in Adopt-A-Dog care, adoptee’s electronic submission/signature is considered binding.
19. This agreement shall be fully applicable and pertain to the dog listed above, as well as to any and all other dogs the foster may foster/wish to foster in the future from Adopt-A-Dog. Should the signing the party foster any other dog in the future, the terms and conditions of the agreement incorporated herein shall remain in full force and effect without the necessity of a new agreement being fully executed.