Position: Children's Ministry Director
Department/Campus: Humboldt Park
Report Directly to: Pastor David Marrero
Term of Commitment: Full Time
Our covenant is to proclaim Jesus, to lead people in the knowledge of God, to be a place of healing, connection and spiritual growth, and to ignite a passion for serving families, communities and our world.
The Children’s Ministry Director position is designed to support New Life Covenant by being an advocate for children, from birth to fifth grade, and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children in the local church and community. Part of the responsibilities will include mentoring children in developing their leadership and gifts.
- Oversee and lead the 13+ children’s programs established at the Humboldt Park Campus
- Oversee and maintain communication with volunteers and head directors
- Oversee the production of Kids Church services as well as the functions of the various Kids Church ministering teams
- Preach 2-3 times a month
- Work in coordination with other event teams for various family/Humboldt Park events (Kids Carnival, Hopefest, Fall Fest, and any events that may come up in the future.)
- Properly train volunteers for their specific assignments
- Create and distribute appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the children
- Interview potential volunteers and discuss areas where their skills, knowledge, and abilities can be used (CM 101)
- Supervises and promotes children’s program through social media
- Prepare yearly budget plans and oversee finances
- Oversee maintenance and functions of our Planning Center Check in System
- Conduct monthly and annual team meetings/planning sessions.
- Teach Children’s Track to Chicago Master’s Commission (September-June)
- Attend NLC staff meetings
- Serve as Volunteer Coordinator, following up with initial ministry inquires, connecting them with the appropriate ministry leaders.
- New Life Covenant Member
- Has at least three years of ministry experience
High School Diploma or GED required (B.A. in childhood education preferred)
- Demonstrates the ability to lead teams of people and manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- Is a team player and willing to do tasks outside of regular job responsibilities when needed
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good administrative, organizational, and event-planning skills
- General knowledge of standard office equipment
- Give testimony to a regular (daily) time of prayer and Bible reading
- Be “growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord” (2 Peter 3:18)
- Be submissive to spiritual leadership
- Possess a joyful spirit and a positive attitude
- Consistently tithe and give willingly to missions
- Honor people and keep confidences
- Dependability and Adaptability: Reliable and consistent in performing job duties. Knows how to prioritize responsibilities and handles pressure and conflict with grace
- Teamwork: Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees in all departments. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to assist as needed in the workplace
- Initiative: Voluntarily starts projects and is constantly looking for ways to make improvements
- Attendance: Employee is present and on time, ready to complete job requirements and assignments
- Dress Code: Dresses appropriately and has proper hygiene etiquette
- Attend Monthly NLC staff meetings
- Support stage desing as needed
Church Responsibility To You
- You can count on the regular prayers of the pastoral team
- Special training will be made available as needed
- You will be challenged and supported in your spiritual and personal growth.
NOTE: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included.