- You are able to provide for your own personal care, or have other help in place to
assist you with your personal care needs. You are able to transfer on your own if you use a wheelchair. You do not need assistance during the night, except in a case of an emergency. You do not need 24-hour care and/or supervision. You can advocate for yourself and communicate openly and clearly.
- You reside in the city of San Diego (in a 921… zip code), or in the cities of Poway, La Jolla, or Vista.
- Your home must be safe and clean.
Sharing your Home
- You must have private bedrooms for you and your housemate(s), as well as, a private or shared bathroom inside your home.
- You must be willing to share the common areas of your home, including kitchen privileges.
- You will be asked what the amount and source of your monthly income is.
*Note: Income verification is purely for statistical purposes only.
Health Screening Requirements
- A signed release giving ElderHelp permission to send a questionnaire to your healthcare provider, or providers, is required.
- Three (3) personal references who have known you at least five (5) years and with whom you have regular contact. References may not be family members, significant others, or life partners. -Must agree to complete a background check.