Detailed information you can find on our website: Geothermal-DHC/events
The Student project is a mandatory part of the summer school. Your student group will investigate a topic of your interest by the guidance of trainers. You will have 3 afternoons (approximately 9 hours) to work on on your student project and prepare a 10 minute presentation, which will be held at the end of the training school.
If you have no idea for your student project you can decide on the topic during the training.
Up to 15 scholarships are available for PhD students, postdoctoral fellows employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organisation or legal entity which obtains a clear association to research. MSc students are NOT ELIGIBLE for scholarships but may attend the summer school.
Funds may cover your long-distance travel expenses up to 250 € in total based on invoices and a daily allowance rate of 100 € per a day for a maximum duration of 8 days. For further terms and conditions as well as instructions please see COST Vademecum, Sections 5 and 6.
Trainees selection for financial support will base on the following criteria:
1. Up to 15 trainees funded by scholarship
2. Country balance (at least 3 countries represented)
3. At least 4 trainees from ITC countries
4. An average share of at least 40% of each gender, if possible
5. Background: Trainees from at least 3 different thematic groups (e.g. geologists, machine engineers, environmental specialists, social or economy sciences...)
6. Quality of proposed contributions by the trainee: presentation at student conference and planned student project
6. Institutional balance: We aim at one scholarship per institute, more than one scholarships will be granted in exceptional and well justified cases only
The evaluation of the applicants for scholarship support will be executed by the educational committee of Geothermal-DHC. The results will be delivered to the applicants before the 15th of June 2021.
The Geothermal-DHC Action MC reserves all rights to reduce the daily allowance rate in case of unforeseen circumstances. In this case, applicants will be informed about possible reductions prior to formal invitations via the eCOST system.
Information on ITC-Countries