I understand that there are risks and complications associated with the administration of medications, including anesthesia, and performance of the Recommended Treatment. These potential risks and complications, include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Instrument breakage in the root canal.
2. Inability to negotiate canals due to prior treatment or calcification.
3. Perforation to the outside of the tooth.
4. Irreparable damage to the existing crown or restoration.
5. Cracking or fracturing of the root or crown of the tooth.
6. Pain, infection and swelling.
7. Difficulty opening and closing.
8. Temporomandibular Dysfunction resulting in jaw pain.
9. Nerve injury resulting in temporary or permanent numbness, itching, burning or
tingling of the lip, chin, tongue or teeth.
10. As a result of the injection or use of anesthesia, there may be swelling, jaw
muscle tenderness or even resultant numbness of the tongue, lips, teeth, jaws
and/or facial tissues, which is typically temporary, but in rare instances, may be