I am aware that summer camp activities may include risk of physical injury to my child and other participants. I hereby certify that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or legally competent to sign this waiver on behalf of my child. I hereby certify that my child is able to participate in the event. For the purposes of the following provisions, the term "I, my or participant" shall refer to the individual(s) on whose behalf this waiver has been executed, whether an adult or minor child.
1. I hereby acknowledge that my participation in the activities is entirely voluntary.
2. If I am injured or need medical attention while participating in the activities, I give True North Church, its employees, and volunteers, permission to seek medical diagnosis and treatment which in their best judgment they deem to be necessary or appropriate under the circumstances.
3. I agree to pay all medical expenses incurred as a result of the use of this consent.
4. I also agree to assume all risk, fully release and hold True North Church, its pastor, employees, agents, borrowed servants, contractors, and other workers, paid or volunteer, or their heirs and assigns, from any and all injuries, claims, liabilities or causes of action which may arise from my participation in the activities.
5. I understand that is my obligation to inform the management of True North Church of any and all health considerations or medical conditions that would restrict my participation in any and all activities.
6. I acknowledge that I am not aware of any conditions or limitations that would prevent my participation in the activities. I will not allow myself to participate in the activities should I become aware of any such condition or limitation and will not allow myself to participate in the activities should I have any illness or disease which I reasonably understand to be contagious to others or would put others into jeopardy of contracting such illness or disease.
7. I desire and so consent for my child to participate in the programs of the Church. I acknowledge and understand that this PARENTAL CONSENT AND RELEASE has the same force and effect regardless of whether the programs engaged in are free or if a fee is charged. I consent to allow my child to be transported to and from Programs of the Church pursuant to travel arrangements made by the Church for the particular program.
8. In consideration of my child being allowed to participate in the Programs and to use the Church's equipment and facilities, on behalf of my child, and as to myself as a parent and legal guardian, I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Church, the corporation, it's officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, and contractors from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my child's participation in the Programs use of the Church's equipment and facilities.
9. Should the need for medical attention arise, the Church will attempt to contact you, as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
10. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my child's participation in these activities, I may found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Church on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
11. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
12. I recognize that if my child is caught with drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal substance they forfeit the rest of their camp experience without a refund. I am responsible for my child's immediate transportation home from camp in this circumstance.
13. I recognize that if my child engages in any sexual misconduct during camp they forfeit the rest of their camp experience without refund. I am responsible for my child's immediate transportation home from camp in this circumstance.
14. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if my child is caught with any drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal substance, I am responsible for immediately picking them up from their current location.
15. I grant True North, its Pastors and Leaders full authority to search my child personal belongings including their purses, backpacks, gym bags, and luggage in the event that my child is suspected of engaging in illegal, immoral, or unethical behavior, including but not limited to: drug use pornography, tobacco, vaping, drinking, or any other substances. I understand that I will be notified thereafter should a search result in the aforementioned findings.
16. I have fully informed myself of the contents of this WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK by reading it before I signed it.