The Mary Maude Williams Scholarship Program was founded in 1994 in honor of Mary Maude Williams, mother of Pastor Dr. Tony Williams. Maude attended Chico State College where she became the first black woman to graduate from that institution. Her evaluation report stated, “Maude Watson would be a good teacher for her people”. Her first job as a teacher was at the private Booker T. Washington Nursery School. Maude was a strong proponent of education and she believed education was the key to open the door to the American dream.
The Mary Maude Williams Scholarship Committee is committed to contributing to the education of the young people at Maranatha Christian Center. We provide monetary scholarship awards to every eligible MCC graduating senior who applies. The scholarship awards are intended to help offset the cost of books, fees, and tuition.
All application material must be received no later than June 1, 2021, at 5 PM.
Each applicant might be scheduled for an oral interview using Zoom with the committee the week of June 7, 2021. Business attire requested.
1. Applicants must be a class of 2021 graduating senior from a High School located in Santa Clara County.
2. Along with legal parent(s) or guardian(s), applicants themselves must be active members of Maranatha Christian Center.
3. Applicants must plan to attend a 2-year or 4-year college or university in the 2021-2022 school year.
1. Completed Scholarship Application (this form).
2. One letter of recommendation from either a church leader, school teacher, counselor, coach, or administrator.
3. Official transcript including grades through the first semester of your senior year (Unofficial transcript accepted with Registrar’s stamp).
4. A typed one-page essay addressing how adjusting to the pandemic has impacted your goals and how you plan to use what you've learned for your future growth.
5. A typed summary of Maranatha activities, community involvement, and scholastic awards/achievements.
6. Applicants must obtain youth activity sign-off from the MCC Youth Pastor or designee.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY BY JUNE 1, 2021 AT 5 PM.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DUE DATE.
If you experience any problems, please contact Sonja Daggs promptly at email@example.com
Incomplete and/or late application packets will not be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Important Note: You must press "SAVE" to leave your application and come back or "SUBMIT" if you have completed the application.