Student and Parent Agreement for the York Technical College Youth Apprentice and Pre-Apprentice Program
· To become a York Technical College (YTC) Youth Apprentice or Pre-Apprentice, students must complete this (YTC Youth Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship) application process and Youth Apprentices must be hired by a YTC approved employer.
· YTC Youth Apprentices and Pre-Apprentices must complete the YTC application for admission process, meet South Carolina residency requirements, be eligible for Lottery Tuition Assistance, and complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) process which allows YTC to provide the student’s sponsoring employer with his/her academic, attendance, and/or other relevant records and information.
· YTC Youth Apprentices and Pre-Apprentices are responsible for meeting the employer’s requirements, which may include a drug test and/or a background check.
· Once you have registered for your semester classes, any financial aid, Lottery Tuition Assistance, etc. will be deducted from your total tuition. The remaining tuition and fees may be paid for by the sponsoring employer.
· York Technical College (YTC) Youth Apprentices and Pre-Apprentices must be in academic good standing. Grades are reviewed periodically by the employer.
· Should the student choose to terminate your participation in the YTC Youth Apprentice or Pre-Apprentice program, or withdraw from a class before the end of the term, the student will be responsible for any incurred expenses.
· Should you lose your sponsorship as a result of non-compliance with the College/academic program policies, procedures, and requirements and/or for non-compliance with the sponsoring employer’s policies, procedures, and requirements, you will be required to reimburse the College for all expenses and fees that were paid by the sponsoring employer.
· Students will be responsible for their own transportation to and from YTC and the job site.