Please ensure that your doctor provides any necessary information regarding food allergies including history, severity, symptoms and timing, treatment plans and any hospitalisations. If your doctor recommends the carrying of an Epipen ensure that at least one is packed and/or given to the support staff from the school.
Operation Flinders will make every attempt to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions and provide the appropriate food.
Participants with food allergies must be aware that there may be a risk of contamination of foodstuffs at camp sites.
Special diet requests are for food allergies, religious restrictions, and other health-related needs only. Requests should not be made for food preferences, personal taste, or for “picky eaters.” Vegetarian alternatives are available at each meal.
I am over 18 at the time of the exercise and I am authorised to act on behalf of the named participant.
I agree to:
1. Ensure a Medical Report is available to Operation Flinders
2. Ensure the provision of adequate footwear as described in General Information
3. Allow staff to exercise their duty of care to ensure the safety, well-being and successful conduct of the individual and the group during the Exercise
4. Pay any medical and dental expenses other than primary care as incurred by the participant
5. Provide accurate emergency contacts to enable the participants to return home early if necessary and bear the costs of repatriation at the discretion of the Exercise Commander
6. If the participant is under the age of 18 years and where a Medical Doctor has authorised the use of non-prescribed medication in the Medical Consent form I agree to the administration of these medications as deemed appropriate by the trained paramedics. I further consent to a paramedic authorising a suppport staff member to administer these medications in the field
7. Use of the information I have supplied in this form by Operation Flinders for the following intended purposes:
(a) assess the suitability of the named young person to participate on Exercise
(b) manage the risks of their experience whilst on Exercise and
(c) add to Operation Flinders' databank of de-identified participant information.