QUALIFICATIONS FOR YOUTH CAMP VOLUNTEERS:
1. Should be a member of the Church of God and should be at least eighteen (18) years of age to serve in a leadership position (must be 20 years of age to work as a Dorm Leader for High School Camp). Personnel must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to be considered for other areas of assistance. Any exceptions must be approved by the State Director. NOTE: Walk on applications/registrations for volunteers are not permitted or accepted.
2. Shall complete an application form and have it signed by the Pastor of their local church. A pastoral endorsement must be on file for each camp volunteer. During your online application you MUST provide your Lead Pastor's email address for an endorsement.
3. Should have attended one week of camp as a camper for appropriate grade level.
4. It is mandatory that volunteers complete at least one full pre-camp training session for their specific camp. Any exceptions must be made by the State Youth Director.
5. All Church of God camp Dorm Leaders, Administrative Team, and Support Staff are considered volunteers and should carry their own hospitalization insurance.
6. All volunteers must meet screening requirements including but not limited to a criminal background check; complete and pass the exam (if one is provided) and are selected with the approval of the State Youth and Discipleship Board.
7. By agreeing to serve in the Church of God Youth Camp, it is expected that all volunteers will conduct themselves in a manner that exemplifies Christian character and that all youth camp guidelines will be obeyed.
8. Be willing to adhere to all general guidelines, policies and procedures included in the FL Youth Camp Manual (Free Download Available on our website www.flcog.cc).
The application process may take several days to complete depending on the camp, your application, available space, etc. Typically, you will receive notification within 10 days . Please be patient and understand that the FL Youth & Discipleship Department process 2000+ applications during camp season. If you have not received an email or phone call within two weeks of your submission, please contact us at email@example.com or call (813) 620-3366 x 109.
Criminal background checks will be completed by the FL Youth & Discipleship Department upon receipt of this application. Insurance requirements state that all volunteers in a local church must have a current criminal background check on file for any person that is involved in ministry.