Do you love working with youth? We are seeking fun, mature, and responsible individuals to teach one or more of the following:
- Double-dutch jump rope
- Hair Braiding
- Sign Language
- Line Dancing
- Wood working
- C.S.I. Child Special Investigator
No advanced skills required, however verifiable experience in work setting will result in higher pay. (Caring for family member experience doesnt qualify as experience.) Customer service training will be provided. Applicants must have leadership skills and will be responsible for leading a class of up to 13 youth grades K-12. We serve schools and youth programs in Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover, Fredericksburg and the Tri-Cities.
We are curently hiring for hair braiding and double-dutch turners.
Double-dutch: Starting at $27.00 per hour when paired with another instructor, $50.00 per hourly class if you have double-dutch coaching experience, great leadership skills and can teach the class alone.
All other classes are $40.00 per hourly class. Classes are 45-minutes to 1 hour. Depends on assignment. There is a 10 min time slot added to each class to ensure you have time to park and enter the school.
● Being patient while teaching youth a new skill
● Ensure a safe learning environment for all students
● Being creative and enthusiastic while using classroom management skills to effectively create an inclusive, fun learning environment
● Taking attendance roster
● First Aid/CPR Certified (or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire)
● Must pass background screening
● Attend 2 hour orientation (training varies based on your experience)
● Must be at least 18 years old
● Must have personal, reliable transportation
● Punctual- Does not have a history or habit of being late
● Dependable- Commitment and accountability is important to you
● Fun- Energetic and enthusiastic demeanor
● Creative- Thinks outside the box and self motivated
Benefits and Perks
● Great pay without working long hours (expect to work 2-8 hours a week, this depends on your availability and demand for specialty class)
● Rewarding experience while serving as a role model and empowering youth
● Flexible schedule, although you must have availability to work during after school hours (anywhere between 2-6pm) You’re able to request locations you desire to work.
1. What does the After School Enrichment Instructor schedule/work hours look like?
We serve various schools and youth centers during afterschool and summer camp hours. After School classes start anywhere from 2-5pm, summer camp classes start anywhere from 9am-4pm. Instructors are able to select classes in an area that works best for them. (Example: I live on the Southside so classes in the Southside area will work best for me) However, you may have to drive up to 25-30 minutes to a location if we cannot fullfill your first request.
2. How will I get paid?
Instructors must have a valid bank account. Instructors are hired as independent contractors so they will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year. We pay by direct deposit every Friday. Sunday starts our new pay period, so Instructors will be paid the following Friday of the work week.
3. Why do you ask us to volunteer 1-2 hours every other month if needed?
There may be times where I need assistance for community events. You’ll also need to keep yourself updated with new turning techniques.
4. What do we expect from Instructors?
We are seeking committed, reliable and respectable Instructors with great communication skills who are looking to serve our community as well as make a difference in children's lives. JumpStarz is a real company, with real growth and a great reputation. Anyone joining must be willing to give excellent customer service and must take this position seriously.
5. What’s the hiring process?
a. Schedule pre-screen, Complete application
b. For Jump Rope: Attend an observation class (you’ll have a chance to turn ropes and interact with youth) Hair Braiding: Attend a mock classroom setting.
c. Attend 1-2 hour orientation/training (no fee for background check)
d. Begin to pick classes
The entire process should take 2-3 weeks.