JumpStarz provides jump rope enrichment activities for schools, youth organizations and events in the Richmond and Central VA area. Classes are 1-2 hours at various locations.
Jump Rope Turner: $20.00 per hourly class. A Coach must have leadership skills and will be responsible for leading a class.
Advanced turners are paid $25 per classs
Jump Rope Coaches/Turners teach basic to advanced fundamentals of long, single and double-dutch jump rope. Instructors must know or willing to be trained how to properly turn double-dutch jump rope. Advanced jumping skills are not required for this position; however, we prefer that you can jump basic single or double-dutch jump rope.
Be patient while: Working with children as young as 5 and adults.
Having a third eye: To ensure a safe learning environment for students.
Be creative: While using classroom management skills to effectively create an inclusive, fun learning environment.
Be enthusiactic: While motivating, encouraging youth to improve their skills.
First Aid/CPR Certified (or willing to obtain within 45 days of hire)
Must pass background screening
Attend 1 hour observation (unpaid), 1 hour orientation (unpaid but this covers your background check fee) and 1 hour hands on training
Must be patient, enjoy working with kids and have fun personality.
Valid drivers license and own personal reliable transportation
Be able to work at least 2 hours a week Mon-Thurs between the hours of 2-6pm and/or between 9-4pm during summer time for summer camps.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Benefits and Perks
$20-25.00 per (1) hourly class, work 2-10 hours a week (coaches must be on site 10 min prior to start of class)
Rewarding experience while serving as a role model and empowering youth
Sneak in your own cardiovascular activity
Free admission to various events
1. What’s the jump rope coach schedule/work hours like?
Once approved, I’ll invite you to our scheduling APP/program. You’ll be able to see the available classes and put your name down for the classes you’re able to work. Although I post 4-8 weeks of classes and you may have put your name down for several weeks in advance. Locations vary from Chesterfield, Petersburg, Richmond, and Henrico so you can pick the locations closest to you. During the school year, most of our classes are after school hours 2:30pm-6pm, during the summer time, our classes are 9am-5pm.
2. How will I get paid?
Once approved, you must have a valid bank account. We pay turners and coaches as contractors so you will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year. We pay by direct deposit every Friday. Sunday starts our new pay period, so if you worked an event on Saturday, you will be paid the following Friday.
3. What else will you expect from me?
JumpStarz is a real company, with real growth and a great reputation. Anyone joining, must be willing to give EXCELLENT customer service and must take this position seriously. We ask for respect, honesty, reliability and effective communication.
5. Why do I need a background check if I already work with children?
Working with youth is a very sensitive area. Many organizations require annual background screenings. An exceptional employee profile is crucial to JumpStarz clients.
1. Complete this application (you must submit resume and drivers license)
2. After pre-screen, You'll be invited to an observation class so we can check out your turning skills, how you interact with youth and meet the owner. Please note that observation begins when you submit your application. Poor communication will disqualify you from the process.
3. If you're a good fit and you'd like to move forward, we'll run background check, you'll attend orientation and you'll be ready to teach classes. Orientation is one hour and attendance covers the cost of your background fee. You will recieve a copy of the findings, we do not accept outside background screenings.
Please contact Patricia Clement 804.536.2445 if you have any questions abou this pat time postition.