What to bring (More details given at time of booking):
· One canvas board or stretched canvas: 20” x 16” (51cm x 41cm)
· Various sizes of reasonable quality long, flat square bristle brushes in good condition
· A round bristle or synthetic – size 1
· A fine sable or synthetic sable – size 0 or 00
· Oil paints, eg. Pilbara red, cobalt blue, blue black, viridian, yellow ochre, Australian red gold, burnt sienna, titanium white
· Baby oil
· Gamsol or Gamblin solvent free gel (no turps!)
· A good-sized palette
· Double or single dipper
· Palette knife for mixing colours. (diamond shaped flexible medium sized)
· Soft rags and paper towel, baby wipes
· Kneadable putty rubber
· Thin willow charcoal
· Blu tack
Materials supplied ($12 fee payable to tutor on day 1)
· Colour reproduction and handout
About the tutor
I have been a professional artist for 45 years and have tutored workshops in Australia and New Zealand for the past 16 years. I have held many exhibitions in Sydney, Perth and the Blue Mountains (Lost Bear Gallery for example). Many of these have been sell outs. The main subjects for my paintings are wild places and seascapes, in particular places that are less well-known and not easily visited.
COVID protocols apply to all BAS workshops
l Do not attend the studio if you are sick or unwell. If you are required to cancel at the last minute due to illness that you suspect may be COVID 19-related, a full refund will be given.
l Wash your hands thoroughly with soap (most effective) or use hand sanitiser on entry.
l Maximum of 8 persons in the studio at any one time, plus one tutor.
l Observe social distancing: 1.5m distance and 4m2 area in general, around each person.
l All studio equipment is to be cleaned with disinfectant (supplied) before and after use.
l Bring your own food and drinks including thermos, hot water, crockery, cutlery etc. The kitchen is closed!
l Sign the register of attendance each day of the workshop; by doing so you agree that the you are well, have not travelled overseas in the previous 14 days, have not knowingly been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 in the previous 14 days, etc. Please read the declaration in the book near the registration sheet.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or Susan Parfoot Workshops Coordinator, 0412 701 257