Cape Hatteras Anglers Club
1st Annual Speckled Trout Fishing Tournament
All fishing will take place in the Pamlico Sound. The northern boundary is the south side of the Oregon Inlet navigation channel. The Southern boundary is the East side of the Hatteras Inlet Navigation channel. The Western boundary is the Reef running North to South West of Pea Island and Hatteras Island.
Male: 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place
Female: Same as above
Youth (Under age 16): Same as above
All anglers may submit up to their creel limit of Speckled Trout. The total weight of the Trout Submitted will determine the winners in each Division. The total length of the of the fish submitted will be used in the event of a tie in a category.
1. Anglers may fish from motorized or non-motorized boats or Kayaks. Anglers may wade or fish from the bank of the Sound.
2. All anglers must be properly licensed to fish in accordance with North Carolina regulations.
3. All anglers will abide by all North Carolina Fishing regulations.
4. All fish must be caught using Rod and Manual Reel.
5. The following equipment and methods of fishing are not allowed:
Electric reels, Spear fishing, Gigging, bow fishing, Trot Lining, Jug fishing, Fish Traps, and netting (landing nets are permitted).
6. Anglers may not submit fish caught during a Chartered or Guided fishing trip. Anglers may rent a vessel for use during this tournament.
7. All occupants of a vessel must be registered in the tournament.
8. All youth anglers (under age 16) must be accompanied by a licensed Adult registered in the tournament.