The Arts and Crafts Committee hopes this year’s fair will be the best ever! Please remember that the committee is made up of volunteers who strive to provide an interesting mix of arts and crafts for fair goers that will also be profitable for the participants. To do this, it is of the utmost importance that all participants follow the rules and instructions that they have agreed to in writing on this application. The Arts and Crafts Committee has the right to remove any participant before or during the Fair if the participant does not cooperate. This would also jeopardize the participant’s chances to be included in future Manhattan Beach Hometown Fairs.
1. There will be no commercially manufactured wares accepted for sale; all items shall be created or handcrafted by the applicant.
2. The applicant (artist) must be present to sell his/her work; no representatives. The Arts and Crafts Chairperson will be by to meet the artist.
3. No drug related items will be sold.
4. No t-shirts, buttons or posters with advertisements or slogans will be sold.
5. No food will be sold in the Arts and Crafts section of the Fair.
6. Participants are expected to have a selection of items for sale, not just multiple supplies of one item, unless they are classified as a Community Service booth (non-profit community organization based in Manhattan Beach).
7. All work must be appropriate for family viewing.
8. Participants will adhere to Fair opening and closing times set by the Arts and Crafts Committee.
9. Participants must conform to all entry and exit traffic patterns on Fair days.
10. Participants will display their booth identification cards during Fair hours.
11. Participants will not move to another location without official permission.
12. Participants must sell only from their designated space; no roving is permissible.
13. Participants are responsible for the construction, removal, and cleanup of their own booths in accordance with fire codes. We provide the space on the street. You provide all other items that you need to construct your booth.
14. Booths must conform to size restrictions on all sides and no infringement on walkways or neighboring booth spaces.
15. No dogs or pets of any kind are allowed.
16. Sharing a booth is permissible only if both applicants have provided the appropriate information, dated and signed the application, and have had all work approved by the Arts and Crafts Committee.
17. Participants will cooperate with the Arts and Crafts Committee in any way necessary to provide a safe and enjoyable Fair for citizens attending as well as participants.
18. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
19. A valid Seller’s Permit must be available on request.