Financial assistance will be awarded to applicants based upon the available resource of The Children's Dance Theater Foundation. CDTF will make every effort to provide services for any youth who desires to participate in art programs, regardless of the ability to pay the full tuition or program fees. CDTF is committed to providing financial assistance to families and individuals in need. Financial assistance is available on a sliding scale according to family size and income.
We are committed to the best of our ability to serve everyone regardless of their income. However, we do expect participants to pay their dance attire, shoes, costume fee and a discounted registration fee. We strongly urge all applicants to be honest and disclose all household income, as any deception will result in disqualification from the financial aid program for at least one year.
Financial assistance applications are processed in the order received. Scholarship awards are limited and may vary in award amount. Eligibility for financial assistance is based on need. Information provided in this application will be kept confidential. After your scholarship is processed, you will receive notice of approval or denial via email with further instructions on how to accept your award. Completion of this application does not guarantee an award will be granted. All decisions regarding financial assistance/scholarships are at the sole discretion of Children's Dance Theater Foundation. If you have further questions you may contact the program director at 253-887-8937.
1. Applicants will submit a completed financial assistance application form and all requested information and documentation needed for their application.
2. Assistance will be granted on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Need is determined through the number of immediate dependents in the household, the total household income, and cost of living responsibility. (those not burdened with rent or a mortgage will be assigned an in-kind living amount)
3. Full disclosure on income verification is required-any deceptions will result in an automatic disqualification for the financial assistance program.
4. Financial assistance is TEMPORARY and applies only to the individual program/season indicated in the application. An application update is required for each additional program/season you enroll in.
1. A financial assistance application does not reserve a space in a program/session A space is reserved only after a registration form and fee has been received by CDTA.
2.Financial assistance applies to the tution of the session only.
3.Financial assistance participants have the same privileges as a full paying participant and are expected to abide by the same policies and rules every participant accepts when using the facility.
4. Scholarship recipients will have good attendance as verified through attendance checks. Recipients agree to participate in a quartely digital survey to the board. The recipent agrees to help as a volunteer for 3 hours towards either the pre production or at the perfromance of the Nutcracker and Spring Ballet.