Please read carefully and sign below.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Covid Care Collective
Volunteers play an important role in helping Covid Care Collective (“CCC”) to deliver essential food and supply items to our recipient base.
Privacy and respect of your personal information has and will continue to be an important part of the policies and practices of CCC. We will only collect personal information that is necessary to match you with a recipient, a volunteer opportunity, and our program evaluation. We will only use and/or share the information with your consent.
The following outlines how we will use, disclose and store the personal information we collect from you:
• To establish and maintain contact with you;
• To match you with a client or other volunteer opportunity;
• To enable us to contact you for participation in CCC sponsored or co-sponsored events and/or trainings, including holiday celebrations, fundraising activities and/or special projects;
• For teaching, statistics and promotional purposes (on an anonymous basis);
• To comply with service agreements entered into with government funding sources;
• To evaluate the effectiveness of CCC programs.
By clicking ‘accept’, you are agreeing that CCC will collect, use, disclose and/or store your personal information for the purposes listed above. We will only share the information provided with your consent. If a new purpose arises for the use and/or disclosure of your personal information, we will seek your consent in advance.
1. The Volunteer represents and warrants that s/he is a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or is authorized by Canada Immigration to work as a volunteer in Canada.
2. The Volunteer performs the service of the Volunteer’s own free will, without promise, expectation, or receipt of remuneration. The Volunteer is not an employee or agent of CCC for any purpose and the Volunteer’s services are not controlled nor mandated by CCC.
3. The Volunteer understands and agrees that it is possible that the Volunteer may be injured or otherwise harmed during volunteer service due to accidents, acts of nature, the Volunteer’s negligent or intentional acts, or the negligent or intentional acts of others; that while CCC has taken steps to reduce the chances of injuries or harm to the Volunteer, that CCC has no control over most risks, and, thus, cannot and does not guarantee nor take any responsibility for the safety of the Volunteer or the Volunteer’s property while the Volunteer is engaged in volunteer service; and that the Volunteer must take full responsibility for himself or herself and assume the risk of harm or damage while serving by taking all necessary and reasonable precautions and acting in a manner that will help protect himself or herself and his or her property.
4. The Volunteer agrees to waive and release CCC from any and all potential claims for injury, illness, damage, or death which the Volunteer may have against CCC that might arise out of the Volunteer’s service and to hold CCC harmless there from.
5. The Volunteer agrees and understands that injuries or losses to others, such as co-workers or the person(s) being helped, may occur as a result of the Volunteer’s negligent or intentional acts during volunteer service, and that to avoid such harm, the Volunteer must exercise care and act responsibly in serving others.
6. If any injury or loss to another does occur due to the Volunteer’s intentional actions or due to Volunteer’s negligent actions arising outside of the scope of the Volunteer’s activities, the Volunteer must accept the liability for and repair, or make reparations for, the harm done.
7. CCC is not providing the Volunteer with insurance coverage for any injuries, conditions, or losses to the Volunteer arising out of volunteer activities.
8. The Volunteer must maintain his or her own primary medical insurance and the Volunteer’s own automobile liability insurance when driving a non-CCC vehicle to cover potential medical and other costs related to the Volunteer service; and the Volunteer is also encouraged to maintain property and life insurance coverage while serving as a volunteer.
9. All costs for injury or loss above the coverage provided by the Volunteer’s insurance are the Volunteer’s personal responsibility.
10. Since volunteers are not CCC employees, CCC does not provide worker’s compensation coverage for injuries or illnesses to the Volunteer arising out of volunteer activities.
11. I grant full permission to CCC and/or agents authorized by CCC, to use any photograph, videotapes, motion pictures, recording or any other record of this event, for any purpose.
12. The Volunteer must, at all times, treat all clients, staff, fellow Volunteers and the public with respect. Harassment, discrimination or other behaviours that compromise the dignity and self-worth of others cannot be tolerated, and will be addressed promptly. By signing below, the parties confirm that they have read, understand, and consent to the terms of this waiver agreement.
13. I waive, release, discharge and hold harmless CCC and its employees from any claims, demands, costs, causes of action, or damage as a result of property loss or damage, or personal injuries sustained to myself and to passengers of a vehicle that I am driving during participation in or traveling to and from activity locations. As legally required, I have my own current insurance. Furthermore, I intend this waiver and release to be legally binding. I, the undersigned, hereby state that I am an adult over the age of eighteen (18) years, that I am mentally competent to make this release, and that I am driving a vehicle with the owner’s permission for the above activity under my own volition. I further state that I understand and am abiding by the regulations outlined by the Ministry of Transportation in accordance with the class of license I currently hold.
14. I acknowledge that in the course of my volunteer work with CCC, confidential and privileged information may be shared with me in writing, verbally, electronically or in any other medium. This information is given in confidence and trust. I understand and agree that all such information that I may acquire pertaining directly to a client and/or confidential matters pertaining to the agency as a whole will be held in the strictest confidence. This includes, but it not limited to, a client’s name, address, phone number, or any other information given by the client or provided by CCC about the client and/or his/her family. I agree and promise to hold in confidence all matters that come to my attention during my duties as a volunteer at CCC including information about and material provided by clients, visitors, and CCC. I will respect the privacy of the people whom I serve and confer appropriately and regularly with those designated as supervisors/managers or administrators of the agency and disclose such privileged and confidential information only to them. I agree that during the course of volunteering with CCC, and after my departure, I will keep all such information strictly confidential and not disclose such information to anyone under any circumstances. I agree to request the permission/consent of the clients and/or agency prior to sharing any information gained during the course of my service and I will only disclose such information when I am duly authorized by CCC to do so.