AGREEMENT FOR COACHING SERVICES
Linda M. Peterman, Life Coaching
DEFINITION OF COACHING
Coaching is a collaborative process with an ongoing relationship between the Client and Coach. Coaching supports the client in establishing new behaviors and is strength-based, forward-looking, and collaborative. The coaching agenda is developed and implemented in partnership between the Client and Coach. The role of the Coach is to help the Client progress toward achieving a goal. The Client recognizes that behavioral changes often take time to implement and sustain and the pace of change is uncertain and varies amongst individuals.
Setting and reaching goals, creating options and strategies
Discovering clients’ strengths, skills, knowledge, experience, and values
Being client-centered (letting client direct the process)
Addressing potentially destructive behaviors
Coping with life’s transitions i.e., divorce, retirement, new career
1. I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being during my coaching sessions, including my choices, decisions, and actions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time. I recognize that coaching is not psychotherapy and that professional referrals will be given if needed.
2. I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, I have consulted with this person regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
3. I understand that coaching does not treat mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy. I acknowledge that Linda Peterman is not acting in the role of a licensed mental health counselor.
4. I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, financial, legal, medical, health, spiritual, relationship, education, and recreational matters. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility and coaching is not to be used in lieu of other professional advice. The coach has no liability for any actions or inaction or for any direct or indirect results.
1. I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing, except as required by law under the following conditions:
a. If I am a danger to myself physically or incompetent mentally.
b. If I intend to bring physical harm to others or to property.
c. If I bring up a minor or a dependent adult who is currently being physically, sexually, or (severely) emotionally harmed or neglected.
2. I understand that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. Therefore, I will not call on Linda Peterman to testify in court or at any other proceeding, nor will a disclosure of the records be requested.
3. I am aware that e-mail and cell phone communication can be relatively easily accessed by unauthorized people and hence, the privacy and confidentiality of such communication can be compromised. I agree to use email, cell phone and video services for coaching.
CANCELLATION 24 hours’ notice is required for canceling an appointment. The full session fee will be charged for missed sessions without such notification.
The fee is $200.00 for a 60-minute session unless otherwise agreed upon by the Coach and Client. A package of 4 sessions is available for $700. The coaching fees are due at the beginning of the session.
I have received, read, understand, and agree to the terms in the Informed Consent and Office Policies. This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.