Terms & Conditions
Please read the following information carefully before completing this form
Help Counselling Placements are only offered to Trainee Counsellors who have met all the criteria specified below and have sucessfully passed an interview. Applicants will know whether their application has been sucessfully shortlisted for interview within 6 weeks of submission.
Applications that have not met the criteria, are incomplete or do not have a thoughtful and considered supporting statement of at least 250 words will be rejected.
Important Note: Help Counselling is a general talking therapies service where placement students are expected to work with between 3-4 clients, usually over the long-term.
In order to be considered for a placement at Help you must:
- Be enrolled on a BACP/UKCP approved postgraduate level counselling course
- Be a member of BACP/UKCP
- Adhere to BACP/UKCP ethical guidelines for counsellors in training
- Be having weekly ongoing psychotherapy/counselling with a qualified (and preferrably accredited) therapist throughout the duration of your placement
- Have been approved by your training organisation to work online and face-to-face with clients
- Provide two satisfactory references (one of which should be your current tutor)
- Be willing to commit to at least 12 months on your placement
- Attend mandatory fortnightly supervision for 90 minutes each session in a group of 4 supervisees
- Be able to contribute £30 per month towards the cost of in-house supervision
- Fulfil requirements as defined within the contractual procedures and policies of the organisation (as detailed at interview or upon request)
- Provide a recent and current DBS disclosure or be willing for Help to obtain one on your behalf at your expense
- Provide proof of individual professional indemnity insurance coverage for a minimum of £1m - this can be arranged later if offered a placement but will be a condition of you starting.