The National Coalition of 100 Black Women Oakland/Bay Area Chapter (NCBW/OBAC) is accepting applications from working women attending a college, university, or other post-secondary institution of higher learning. Priority will be given to women seeking their first degree.
NCBW/OBAC is a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of African American women and the Black community in general. The Oakland/Bay Area Chapter accomplishes its educational mission through education programs for girls and women and through scholarships.
A complete scholarship application package must be received by NCBW/OBAC scholarship committee no later than May 14, 2022. The package to be returned consists of a completed scholarship application form, scholarship recommendations forms, school acceptance letter, certification of academic standing and three typed essays. Applicants must also provide documentation of age and financial need.
Applicants who have been awarded NCBW/OBAC scholarship in 2021 are not eligible to apply in 2022.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (Evidence must be submitted to show that you meet the requirements)
All information provided on this application and subsequent documents is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I agree that, if asked to do so, I shall provide proof of the information that I have given on this application. I realize that if I do not provide requested documentation, I will not be considered for a scholaship award.
All applicants must complete either Essay I or Essay II of the following Essay questions and all applicants must complete Essay III. Save each Essay as a separate document and download as an attachment.
TO BE COMPLETED BY ALL APPLICANTS
Pledge: The undersigned hereby acknowledges her obligations and responsibilities. If selected, you must provide the National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc., Oakland/Bay Area Chapter an Official/Certified proof of enrollment prior to receiving scholarship funds.
Please complete the application and attach the following six items listed below. You will not be able to submit your application without all the required documentation.
1. Your completed Application.
2. Two completed required Essays based on the guidelines outlined.
3. Official copy of your transcript from the school you attended most recently (high school, junior college, college, etc.); with registrar’s stamp, credit hours for each course, grade, and date of completion.
4. Submit two recent signed letters of recommendation, one from the school you recently attended and one from your current employer on their letterhead. If you last attended school 5 or more years ago, you may substitute a recommendation from a non-profit organization (where you volunteered or worked) for the school recommendation.
5. Download your recent FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
6. Download sources for financial aid, 2021 W-2 or other evidence of financial need.
Your Application must be received in it's entirety by NCBW
on or before May 14, 2022 to be considered. Please download atachments to NCBWOBACScholarship@gmail.com at the same time you submit your application.
Recipients will be notified on or before June 14, 2022.
Recommendations must be on letterhead with the following information. The recommendation must be returned to the student for submission with their scholarship application.
School Name and Address blanks field blank fields and text.
Student has a Cumulative Grade Point Average of blanks (Please calculate to two decimal places)
Employer Form: Reommendations must be on lettehead with the following informaion: Return to student for submission with application.
This applicant has applied for a NCBW/Oakland Bay Area Chapter Working Women's Scholarship. Please provide a recommendation for this applicant, addressing her work ability, character, and potential, number of hours worked per week, and any other pertinent infomation you wish to include.