Friends of Rowe:
The Rowe Center staff make every effort to conduct safe programs, to orient and support children, and to inform families of inherent risks. Some activities may involve risks that children do not routinely encounter at home. While we anticipate that our risk management efforts will ensure the well-being of each child, we are also aware that it is neither possible to foresee every contingency nor to eliminate all risk.
By participating in programs, services, and activities offered by the Rowe Center, you agree to the following.
1. I give permission for my child to participate in all camp program activities similar to those described in the camp brochure, newsletter, or information packet. Activities may include hiking on uneven terrain, playing active games, participating in activities near water, and other activities such as cooking, using knives or other hand tools, and swimming. I understand that The Rowe Center may need to modify program activities to better meet the needs of the participant group, should the staff and Center decide in its sole judgment that it is necessary and appropriate to do so.
2. I have informed the Camp Director/s and other appropriate Rowe Center staff of any limitations to my child’s participation and agree to abide by the Rowe Center’s sole judgment as to whether my child can be accommodated in the camp program. I understand that my child must follow the stated behavior expectations, safety rules, and follow medical advice including taking all of their prescribed medications while at camp, and that the Rowe Center reserves the right to dismiss without refund any child whose behavior interferes with the rights and safety of others in the group.
3. I understand that outdoor exploration is an integral part of the Rowe Center programs and my child will be exposed to risks including but not limited to sun, ticks, insects, and other outdoor hazards.
4. I give permission to Rowe camp staff to assist my child in re-applying sunscreen, insect repellant, and topical anti-itch cream. I understand that some ticks may transmit disease after being attached for over 24 hours, and that participants in overnight programs will be given instruction on how to check themselves for ticks and will be reminded by staff to do so. I am responsible for doing a complete check upon my child’s return home.
5. On behalf of my child, I hereby agree to hold harmless The Rowe Center and its employees and volunteers from any liabilities and obligations which I may have against them including, but not limited to, sickness or death caused by the COVID-19 virus or any other communicable disease, or for any loss of personal property that my child may suffer while participating in the Rowe Center program, except in the case of gross negligence by the Rowe Center.
I acknowledge that such risks exist, and I hereby agree on behalf of my child to assume such risks. I, the parent/legal guardian of the named camper, have read, understood, and agree to the above.