• A completed Enrollment Information Form and a signed Parent or Guardian Release Form must be returned to DSS Colorado-Schulhaus to enroll.
• Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis and is limited in some of our programs. We will establish a waiting list for programs that exceed capacity.
• Participants and parents will be contacted by our Program Director to confirm your child’s enrollment in the program.
• The non-profit organization admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
• None of our classes are offered on a drop-in basis.
• If you must leave early or if you must miss a session, you must provide notice to the Program Director.
• We do not offer make-up sessions on an individual basis. Participants may attend another scheduled class with prior approval from the Program Director.
• Make-up sessions are available only when class is cancelled or if the school needs to reschedule a class.
• DSS Colorado-Schulhaus shall not provide refunds for unattended classes.
FOLLOW PROGRAM RULES POLICIES:
• Participants are expected to show and display respect and cooperation with all program staff, instructors, volunteers, and participants at all times.
• Arrive On-Time: All participants are expected to arrive on time. You will need to let the teacher know if you plan to arrive late or leave early during any of the sessions.
• Sign-In / Sign-Out: All parents/guardians are required to sign-in and sign-out their child(ren).
• Stay on school grounds: Participants are not permitted to leave school grounds during the program.
• Remain in Class or Cafeteria: Teacher approval is required if the participant needs to leave the classroom, or playground.
• Required Items and/or Materials: Classes may require parents/guardians to provide the child with certain items or materials necessary for classes, camps, or field trips (i.e. lunch, sunscreen, towels, specific shoes) such items shall be identified to parents/guardians prior to the class, camp, or field trip where such items become necessary. In the event such materials are not provided, and the Schulhaus is required to provide such items, the parent/guardian shall be responsible for any costs associated.
• Student Dress: Student dress is important to a safe, conducive learning environment. Students shall meet reasonable standards of cleanliness and safety and must show respect for others. Dress which may be offensive to others shall not be tolerated. Teachers shall have full authority to determine what may be deemed in appropriate or unsafe for participating in activities. Students may be participating in outdoor recess, so Parents/Guardians should dress the student appropriately for weather conditions and activities.
• Parents/guardians are required to sign their child(ren) out with a program staff member prior to leaving program.
• For safety reasons, participants may not be picked up from the program by anyone that is not listed on the Enrollment Information Form. Medication
• Medication will not be administered to a participant by a staff member. This includes headache medication or antibacterial medication for cuts.
• If a participant experiences a minor cut, staff will wash out the wound with soap and water, and apply a Band-aid. Under special circumstances, if medication is needed, the medication in its original prescription bottle, which indicates the child’s name and dosage given, must be registered with the school and also with the Program Director with special instructions for administration. Only the dosage necessary for that session shall be provided.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS:
• Please keep us updated with your current mailing address and phone numbers at all times so that we may contact you as needed.
• We would love for you to visit and volunteer as much as possible and are allowed access to the program at all times. Please check in with the Program Director/Teacher when you visit or if you want to volunteer. Participants are not permitted to have guests or visitors unless previously communicated by the parent/guardian and agreed upon with the Program Director.
• We encourage parents and guardians to interact with to the Program Staff and ask questions or provide feedback.
• The DSS COLORADO-SCHULHAUS has a discipline policy that gives positive guidance, allows for redirection, and sets clear behavior limits. The discipline policy has been designed to assist participants and staff in developing self-control, self-respect, respect for others, and consideration for the rights and property of others.
• Participants that do not follow the above listed requirements and policies may receive, a phone call home, suspension from the program, or they may be dropped from the program. It is our intent to work closely with parents/guardians to resolve any recurring discipline issues.
PARTICIPANT TERMINATION POLICY:
• Participants will forfeit their space in the program for any of the following reasons:
o Behavior that threatens physical or emotional safety of others;
o Consistent disruptive behavior; and
o Three continuous absences without prior arrangements with the Program Director.
LATE START REGISTRATION:
o If admitted during the first four sessions of any semester, tuition in full is due on a semester or annual basis. The semester tuition will be prorated if a student is enrolled during or after the 5th class session. Tuition will be owed for the entire balance of a semester and refunds will not be given for absences. A registration fee of $40.00 per semester and a material/book fee will be added to the cost of the class. The registration fee and materials/book fee cannot be prorated
COLLECTION POLICY AND CHARGES:
o Registration, Tuition, Fees, and Costs shall be paid prior to attendance by any enrolled student, unless other payment arrangements have been made in writing with the Program Director.
o DSS Colorado will charge a late fee of $125.00 per student per semester if payment is made after the completion of the second session of a semester.
o If collection efforts become necessary on any outstanding balances, DSS Colorado-Schulhaus will be entitled to the late fee, costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, and such balances shall be subject to an interest charge at the rate of eighteen percent (18%) annually, compounding monthly.
o DSS Colorado will charge a late pick up fee of $1.00 using DSS school glock.
ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER CHANGES:
o Please keep DSS Colorado-Schulhaus up-dated with any address or phone number changes for your home or work. It is critical to have accurate information for notices and in case of a necessary emergency contact.