All outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to registration, spaces will not be held/reserved.
FORM A REGISTRATION / EMERGENCY CONTACTS
To view/download the sliding scale click on the link below
Input your monthly tuition accordng to the sliding scale.
in Oyster Creative Activities (OCA) for the 2021-2022 school year. Enclosed is my $75.00 annual non-refundable fee to cover the cost of registration; this fee is not applicable towards tuition. OCA was created in the spirit of providing after school care for working families. OCA is operated by the Executive Director, Assistant Director and Staff as well as an annually elected advisory board comprised of parents enrolled in OCA. With this in mind, the OCA Parent's Committee created the following enrollment contract. Your agreement to the terms of this contract is a pre-requisite for your child's enrollment into the program.
I. Children registered for the Program are expected to participate for the entire school year, 10 months, from the first day of school to the last day of school. Theses dates are determined by the DC Public Schools calendar and are subject to change. Tuition is to be paid through the ACH (Automatic Clearing House) auto debit program on a monthly basis on either the 1st or 15th of each month (you will indicate which of those dates the funds are to be deducted from your account), or be paid in advance. If you opt out of ACH (auto debit), tuition is due on the first day but no later than the 10th of each month commencing in September and ending in June . Full tuition (the amount that applies to your family) will be paid for the 10 months of school; this includes the full June payment.
II. Should you choose to withdraw from the Program you must give OCA 30 days written notice prior to the date of withdrawal; giving less than 30 days notice requires the payment of a full month's tuition. Once you have withdrawn you will need to register and pay the registration fee in order to re-enroll.
III. I agree to pay a $25.00 late fee for tuition payments received later than the 10th day of each month. I agree to pay a fee of $50.00 for any check or ACH transaction submitted to the Program that is returned for insufficient funds or related reasons.
IV. There is Part-Time option of 2 or 3 days for the upper campus for students in grades 4th-6th. The 2 day option will cost $200 per month and the 3 day option cost is $300 per month (whether you attend or not). You must choose and indicate which days your child will attend and adhere to those dates for the school year. There is no swapping of days (i.e. if your child is enrolled for M/W and does not attend on those days, they are not eligible to then show up on two other days). Changes to these days will not be permitted unless they have been authorized by the Director and if space is available.
V. All children must be picked up from OCA at the Oyster Campus 2801 Calvert St. by 6:00pm and by 6:15pm at the Adams Campus 2020 19th St. Any pick up after 6:00pm at Oyster and 6:15pm at Adams will incur a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child to cover the additional cost of the staff. Failure to pay the late fee by the following day will result in suspension from the use of the program for the remainder of the school year or until balances are paid. This means the child will not be permitted to participate in the program the following day if the fee/fees from the prior day have not been paid. Chronic Late families will be suspended from the use of the program. You may enroll in the extended care option as a regular monthly participant or on a drop-in basis.
Extended Care Rates-
Monthly 6:00-6:30pm $50.00 per month or 6:00-6:45pm $75.00 per month
Extended Drop-In- $20 per Drop-In 6:00-6:45pm (MUST email/text Connie and or Silvia by 5:45 pm for this option).
Late fees for extended care, any pick up after your 6:30 or 6:45pm option you will be charged $1.00 per minute ,per child. Failure to pay the late fee by the following day will result in suspension from the use of the program for the remainder of the school year or until balances are paid
VI. If you have any outstanding late fees/balances at the time of re-enrollment you will not be eligible to re-apply to the program until the balances are paid in full.
VII. The OCA Parent's Committee will generally meet twice a year. The purpose of meetings is to facilitate communication between the Parents and the Director to discuss program operations, concerns, budgets and to provide support. All families are expected to participate in activities related to the program including attendance at meetings and support for fundraising initiatives if necessary.
VIII. Unless you indicate otherwise, OCA may use photographs of your child for brochures, calendars or advertisements.
IX. If your child requires a dedicated aid they may participate in the program however, you will need to provide and pay for a licensed aid for your child during OCA hours.
X. ALL electronic devices and toys are to remain at home. Electronic Devices (phones, watches with phone capabilities, games, mp3's, tablets, etc...) should be kept off and away. Should we see one of these devices out or in use we will ask for it to be put away immediately. If it is not, we will hold on to it and will return it only to a parent/guardian. We have plenty of toys to play with. We prefer to keep kids screen free during aftercare.
XI. If you need to get a message to your child OCA will deliver the message. You may contact Silvia or Connie and the message will be passed along. This especially applies to pick- up arrangements. It reduces confusion.
XII. OCA closes when DC public schools close or when DCPS cancels afternoon/ afterschool activities. These include holidays, winter and spring breaks and weather-related closures.
XIII. OCA reserves the right to suspend and/or expel a child from the program and to terminate the contract at any time.
XIV. Field trips and part-time students - There are limited slots and priority is given to OCA full-time participants. Remaining seats if any, are offered to full time participants first, then part timers. OCA reserve the right to revoke field trip privileges for any reason. 100% cooperation is required when off campus. Unsafe behavior is not tolerated.
XV. By enrolling, I/We agree to all policies and procedures in the OCA contract and Parent's Handbook. (The Registration and Parent Handbook are printable/downloadable).
OCA closes when DC Public Schools close or when DCPS cancels afternoon/ afterschool activities. These include holidays, winter and spring breaks and weather-related closures. OCA closes on the following dates:
November 11, 24. 25, 26
These dates are subejct to change depending on the DCPS calendar.
OCA FIELD TRIPS- Priority is given to full time participants. Wait listed full time participants will be offered remaining seats, if any seats still remain open then they will be offered to part-time participants. Field trip participation may be revoked at any time and is at the discretion of the Director. We require 100% cooperation from students when off campus.
full day- $60 per child
Tuesday, November 2, Friday, November 5
Friday, March 11
Monday, April 18
The realization of these field trips will depend on the Pandemic situation and CDC guidelines.
You may purchase a 40th Anniversary OCA field trip t-shirt for your child and yourself before you submit your form.
1. I/ we hereby grant permission for my child to use all the play equipment and to participate in all the activities of the program.
2. I/we hereby grant permission for my child to leave the school premises under the supervision of a staff member for outings such as neighborhood walks or scheduled field trips in the authourized vehicle.
3. I/we further certify that said child is of good health and has no physical impairments which would endanger his/her participation in the program.
4. In the event of an accident, injury or illness I/we hereby grant permission for the Director, acting Director or staff member to take whatever steps may be necessary to obtain emergency medical care if warranted. These steps may include but are not limited to the following: (a) attempt to contact parent/guardian and /or Emergency Contact person listed, (b) attempt to contact the child's physician.
5. If we cannot contact you or your child's physician we will do any of the following:
(a) call another physician or paramedic, (b) call an ambulance, or take the child to a nearby hospital in the company of a staff member.
6. I/ we hereby grant consent to any x-ray, examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis, treatment and/or hospital care which is deemed advisable by and is to be rendered under the general or special supervision of any physician and/or surgeon licensed under the provision of the Medical Practice Act, or Medical Staff employed by the Emergency Department of a local hospital. Any expenses incurred will be the sole resposbility of the child's family.
7. The Program will not be responsible for anything that may happen as a result of inaccurate information given at the time of enrollment and/ or due to lack of updating contact information. Be sure to inform the Program of changes in phone numbers (work, cell, home), address, physician (address and phone) and insurance carriers (carrier, policy number and phone).
8. The Program will not be responsible for anything that may happen as a result of not having medication available (inhalers, Epi-pens, etc.) You must provide medication to OCA, separately form the school Nurse, we do not have access to the Nurses office.
9. I/we acknowledge that I/we have read and understand the Oyster Creative Activities' Statement of consent.
I /we hereby authorize Oyster Creative Activities hereinafter called OCA, to initiate debit entries from the bank account on the date indicated below. Should the date fall on a non business day the amount will be debited on the following business day. The following fees will be debited from my account: $75 registration fee $15 t-shirt fee (if you ordered). Tuition will be debited monthly. If you elected monthly extended care from 6-6:30 $50 or for care from 6 to 6:45pm $75. If you use emergency drop-in extended care the fee is $20 per drop-in 6:00-6:45pm. Field trip fees will be deducted only if you register for the field trip, roughly 2 weeks prior to the trip $60 per child.
Click below for the ACH (auto debit form)
Welcome to Oyster Creative Activities (OCA). An exciting year of fun, games, making friends, homework help and learning is ahead. To ensure that your child has the best experience possible, the after-school staff is carefully selected. We’d like for you to familiarize yourself with the information in the handbook. In order for OCA to be a success, we need your involvement and feedback - please provide the Director/Assistant Director with your suggestions and ideas.
OCA is a 501c3 non-profit organization that was created in 1979 to meet the needs of working parents. The program provides an opportunity for children to interact with each other in a friendly environment. We promote social growth through play because it teaches children to solve problems on their own. The staff act as guides by assisting children in becoming responsible to themselves and the group. They help create a warm and nurturing environment. They’re also aware that each child develops at his/her own rate. With encouragement, respecting each child’s individuality, the staff helps to build the children’s self-esteem. Limits and rules are a necessary part of our program. Rules help children learn about safety and protect the rights and needs of everyone. These apply to all of our participants. The curriculum and environment of our program are the result of careful planning seeking to promote the growth and development of children. In our planning, we consider group as well as individual needs. Your child may choose with “whom” and with “what” he/she would like to play. Choices are built into almost every situation even when it may not seem so. We also encourage simple courtesy, caring for our environment and for each other’s well-being. OCA is not a babysitting service. It’s an expansion of your child’s school day, which focuses on the creative child and how he/she functions in a social environment. You, as a parent, are an important and valued part of our program. Staff members and parents work together to help each child reach his/her potential. OCA will enroll Oyster-Adams students from pre-k to 6th grades.
Format of a typical OCA day:
3:15-3:30- check-in (children are taken to their OCA room by a staff member/ pk’s & k’s picked up at their classroom.)
3:30-4:15- outdoor play (dress appropriately in the colder months)
4:15-4:30- snack/clean up
4:30-5:55- activity time (pre –k & k)/ homework time (1st -6th grades)
5:50-6:00- clean-up /check out PLEASE, ensure you always sign your child out and say goodbye to a staff member from your child’s group.
6:00 pm The OYSTER CAMPUS CLOSES
6:15 pm The ADAMS CAMPUS CLOSES , meet out front at Adams
Policies and procedures:
1. The Program will begin on the first day of school and will close on the last day of school.
2. OCA begins at 3:15 all children are accounted for. If your child is going to miss a day of OCA, please inform us by 2:45pm via email or text at firstname.lastname@example.org 202-329-6693 and/or Silvia@oystercreativeactivities.com , 202-570-3717 or by letter. NO child will be allowed to leave OCA with an unauthorized person without written permission from his/her parent/guardian. If your child will be out on regular days because of special classes, sports practices, etc., give the Director their schedule. In case of play dates make those arrangements in advance.
3. Enter and exit the building via the FRONT MAIN ENTRANCE ONLY. This helps keep all of our children safe.
3. OCA@Oyster (2801 Calvert) closes at 6:00pm and OCA@Adams (2020 19thSt) closes at 6:15pm. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOUR CHILD BE PICKED UP PRIOR TO THESE TIMES. All children must be picked up from OCA at the Oyster campus by 6pm, and by 6:15pm at the Adams campus. Any pick-up after 6:00pm Oyster, 6:15 Adams will incur a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child to cover the cost of the additional time of the counselors. Failure to pay the late fee by the following day will result in suspension from use of the program for the balance of the school year or until late fees are paid in full. This means that the child will not be allowed to participate in OCA the following day if the fee from the prior day has not been paid. To avoid late fees, you may enroll in extended OCA by month or as a drop in. If enrolling for monthly extended care you will be billed monthly when tuition is due; $50 for care from 6:00-6:30pm or $75 from 6:00-6:45pm. If enrolling as an extended care drop –in you will be billed $20 per drop-in/per child from 6:00-6:45pm when your monthly tuition is due, to drop-in you must email or text OCA by 5:45pm. When enrolled in extended care if you pick up late, after your 6:30 or 6:45pm option you will still be charged $1.00 per minute, per child. Chronic late families may be suspended from the use of the program. If late fees have not been paid by the time of re-enrollment for the following school year, the child will not be eligible to re-apply for the program.
4. Sidewalk pick up at ADAMS ONLY- you may email silvia@Oystercreativeactivities.com and/or text 202-570-3717 + 202-280-8718. You must give a 15 minutes heads up as kids are busy playing or working on homework. Sidewalk pick up is for families that could not find parking, the elderly, infirmed or if you have an injury. If you were able to find parking or are walking please come in. When we provide a sidewalk pick up we are pulling a staff member away from the children. PLEASE BE PATIENT. There is NO SIDEWALK PICK UP at OYSTER.
5. Tuition is due on the 1st day but no later than the 10th day of each month beginning in September. Payment received later than the 10th day will incur a late fee of $25.00. Please make checks payable to OCA. You may give payment to the director, a group leader or place it in the box on the OCA office door (room 102). We do not accept cash. There is a $50.00 charge for returned checks. If you choose to take your child out of the program for any period of time you must still pay a full month’s tuition. If you choose not to pay, you give up your space and we may fill that space with another student. Your child will be allowed back in to OCA when/if space becomes available. However, her/his name will go to the end of the waiting list, should one exist. Once you’ve withdrawn you will have to pay $75 to register again.
6. OCA reserves the right to suspend and/or expel a child from after care. OCA reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time.
7. Phone calls and messages for your children should be directed to OCA (even if they have their own cell phones, those devices will be off and or put away during aftercare hours). Except in cases of emergency, children will not be permitted to receive phone calls. You can be sure that we will pass along your message. This especially applies to pick-up arrangements; contact OCA and we will relay the message to your child. This reduces confusion.
8. Cell phones/electronic devices/mp3’s- do not belong at OCA. Should we see one of these devices out or in use we will ask for it to be put away immediately. If it is not, we will hold on to the device and will return it only to a parent/guardian.
9. Homework policy: Each child in grades 1-6, will work on homework at OCA. Bilingual staff members are available in each room if assistance is needed. The child must show the counselor his/her completed homework before leaving to play. The child, is responsible for homework’s content and completion.
10. Field trip days: OCA opens on Professional Development Days; those are our full days; we generally open from 9am to 6pm. The program also opens on Records Days 1⁄2 days from 12:15 to 6pm (there is no extended care on field trip days, OCA will close at 6:00pm). Our staff take great care to ensure your children are well cared for and have fun. There is no space for parents on the buses. Priority is given to full time participants. There are limited seats on the trips and you must register for each event in order to participate. You will receive an email with the link to register for the field trip about a month to 2 weeks prior to the field trip date. Permission slips received without payment by the due date will not be processed and will not be eligible for the trip. No one remains on campus on field trip days. Refunds/credit will not be given. If you are not attending a field trip let your group leader or the Director know. When slots fill we will send out a wait list link. If you register for the wait list and a slot opens up we will contact you. Field trip participation may be revoked for any reason. We require 100% cooperation when off campus.
OCA field trip dates-- $60 per child October 8 November 2, 5 January 26 March 11 April 18
11. Field trips and part-time students - Priority is given to full time participants. There are limited seats; any remaining will be offered to full time participants first, then part-timers.
12.OCA closes when DC public schools close or when DCPS cancels afternoon activities for weather related reasons and on the following dates (holidays, winter and spring breaks and weather-related closures) : September 6 October 7,11 November 11, 24, 25, 26 December 23-31 January 17 February 21-25 March 10 April 11-15 May 30
13. Discipline: The goal of discipline at OCA is to help children build their own self-control. Discipline techniques will be used in a way to maintain or enhance children’s self-esteem. We also follow DCPS policies.
13. Toys- Keep ALL toys at home (stuffed animals, card games like Pokémon, Bey Blades, etc.) We have toys, games, blocks, a variety of materials for kids to play with.
14. Brothers, sisters, cousins and friends not enrolled in OCA can attend only if special arrangements have been made ahead of time with the Director. This can be done on a space available basis only. There will be an extra charge of $45.00 per child/per day.
15. OCA Parents’ Commitment: Attendance at a minimum of two OCA meetings per year is required of ALL families, fundraising if necessary.
16. Miscellaneous: If it is your child’s birthday, feel free to bring cake or cupcakes. We love to celebrate! Simply let us know a day in advance.
17. Old Lego sets, Balls, complete game sets, buttons, corks, egg cartons- feel free to bring in any of these items we can always use them.
18. SLIDING TUITION SCALE - In order to determine your monthly tuition rate, we will need to verify family income. For families that earn 150k or less bring in a copy of last year's federal income taxes and your last 2 most recent pay stubs; otherwise you will be required to pay full tuition. Two households in the case of joint custody/guardianship of a child will require documents from both parents/guardians. We must have verified your income before you can begin the program.
19. If you need a receipt of child care, for flex spending accounts or have questions related to finances please direct those to Silvia Segovia. We ask that you give Silvia 2 weeks notice to prepare.
20. By enrolling your child you agree to all terms policies of this program.
OCA’s federal tax id number is 52-1261904
Assistant Director Silvia Segovia 202-570-3717 email@example.com
Executive Director Connie Artiga-Oliver 202-329-6693 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click one of the PayPal options to complete payment and submit the form.