Enter "0"'s below if you do not have a land-line.
* This page is part of your child's registration. Parents, kindly go through these policies with your child/ren. Every child must return this page with their signature and the signature of a parent acknowledging the policy. One form per family.
In order to create a climate where students can learn and enjoy their time in the religious education classes, certain regulations are necessary. Our goal in setting these standards is to enable the students to receive maximum learning within the context of a regulated and limited time frame.
* All students, as young Christians, are expected to show respect for themselves, all catechists, and visitors to the classroom, Religious Education staff and other students. Inappropriate, rude, or offensive language and behavior are uncharacteristic of Christians. Respect of Catechists, Staff and Clergy is paramount.
* Students are expected to participate in classroom discussion, prayer, homework, and other activities as determined by their catechist. Disruptive students will be sent to the Religious Education Office.
* Students are expected to attend classes regularly, arrive on time and stay for the whole class except for special circumstances. Parents must inform office staff of early departures and check student out from office.
* Students are expected to show respect for parish property. This includes not leaving trash on the floor or grounds, graffiti on tables/chairs in the classroom. Damage to classroom property must be replaced by student. NO GUM is allowed during RE classes or in church.
* Students should bring only necessary items to class. Cell phones should be kept at home. ANY CELLPHONES BROUGHT TO CLASS WILL BE PLACED IN A BASKET IN THE CLASSROOM AND RETURNED TO STUDENTS AT THE END OF CLASS. If a student needs to contact their parent phones are available in the office.
* Failure to comply with the phone policy will result in the phone being held by the Catechist/ Religious Education staff until the end of the class. A parent must come to claim the device from the office. Students are allowed to use office phones as needed.
If a student fails to meet the above expectations and his/her behavior disrupts the education process for themselves or others, the following actions will be taken:
* A verbal warning is given by the catechist in the classroom.
* If verbal warning does not improve behavior, student will be sent to office. Student will call their own parent and indicate to them why they were sent to the Office. Student will complete classwork in Office and will be dismissed from Office.
* In the event that a student is sent down to the office a second time, the director will contact the parent and have the parent pick up the child from the office. Parents will be asked to sit with their child in the classroom for future class(es) The duration will be determined by behavioral circumstance and in consultation with DRE.
Publicity/ Photo Policy
St. Patrick and the Archdiocese of Washington may have opportunities throughout the year to promote Catholic education through news stories in radio, TV, print and electronic media and to assist in community awareness, educational efforts and related public relations purposes, including media coverage of school events and activities and public relations/advertising that may include brochures, posters, print, radio, internet, TV or any other electronic media.
In exchange for the opportunity to participate in the community awareness programs, educational efforts and related publicity endeavors of St. Patrick and the Archdiocese of Washington, I, hereby, agree to release and hold harmless St. Patrick, the Archdiocese of Washington and their agents, servants and employees from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and/or liability of whatever kind or nature arising out of or connected to the use of said voice/audio recordings, photographs, video and quotations.
I hereby waive any right to compensation, fee or royalty for myself, the participant/student or our successors, heirs or assigns in connection with the production or use of the aforesaid materials.
On behalf of my child/ children named below: