1. If Member is under 18 years of age a parent/guardian must complete consent.
2. Victoria Barbell Club inc may change membership dues under this agreement by posting notice of such change in the Victoria Barbell Club inc facility at least 30 days in advance of such change.
3. Member above agrees to keep and obey all rules and regulations now in force or in the future prescribed by Victoria Barbell Club inc, for the use of the training facilities, premises, and equipment therein, and the Victoria Barbell Club inc reserves the right to revoke this membership for cause if member fails to keep and obey any of such rules and regulations, or for reasons of nuisance, disturbance or other members or staff, moral turpitude or fraud. Without limiting Member's
obligation to obey the rules and regulations of Victoria Barbell Club inc presently in force or in the future prescribed, Member agrees that he/she will obey the following rules by:
a. Always considering other members' rights and privileges while he/she
b. Always paying his/her membership dues on or before the first of each month -
or pay a late fee of $20, Key fob will be deactivated after 7 days;
c. Always unloading all bars and machines when he/she is through using them and replacing all weight plates on their proper racks;
d. Always following directions on the proper use of the training equipment and asking for directions when necessary;
e. Always disposing of trash and recycling in the proper places and keep the microwave clean;
f. Always treating members and staff with fullest respect and courtesy at all times;
g. Always accepting fullest responsibility for any damage done to equipment due to his/her misuse.
h. Always leave gym bag and personal belongings in designated storing area.
i. Always keep wifi password and key code private and secure.
j. Always use key fob for Members Only. Never allow non-members into Victoria Barbell Club inc. Drop ins call 250-208-8754 to get buzzed in and follow standard drop in procedure.
k. Always know that security cameras are recording at all times, for the Members, and Victoria Barbell Club inc's safety. l. Action photos may be taken throughout the program for purposes of promoting Victoria Barbell inc. These photos may be printed in but not limited to newspapers, magazines, websites, commercials and other forms of advertising. You agree that these photos are the property of Victoria Barbell Club inc and may be used at any time for promotional purposes. We will ask for your permission first before printing any individual "before and after photos". You also agree that any quotes given in surveys will be used for promotional purposes only.
4. Without limiting Victoria Barbell Club inc’s ability to terminate this membership for cause, Victoria Barbell Club inc may terminate this membership for any reason at the end of any given month. If Victoria Barbell Club inc elects to so terminate, Victoria Barbell Club inc will refund a pro rata portion of any dues applicable to future month(s).
5. There is a charge of $25 for a key fob upon starting membership, which is non-refundable at the end of membership.
6. There is a 30 day notice required to cancel membership, then pay one more month dues after cancellation.
7. After a 12 month commitment ends, contract will continue on a month to month payment unless a new commitment is signed.
8. It is expressly understood and agree that this contract is not assignable or transferrable by Member and no rights or privileges granted by this membership can be transferred or assigned by Member.
9. It is further agreed that all exercises including the use of weights, number of repetitions, and use of any and all machinery, equipment, and apparatus designed for exercising and the use of Victoria Barbell Club inc’s premises and facilities shall
be at the Member's sole risk. Notwithstanding any consultation on exercise programs which may be provided by Victoria Barbell Club inc employees or agents, it is hereby understood that the selection of exercise programs, methods and types of equipment shall be Member's entire responsibility, and Victoria Barbell Club inc shall not be liable to Member or Member's family for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, or actions arising due to injury to Member's person or property arising out of or in connection with the use by Member of the services and facilities of Victoria Barbell Club inc or the premises where the same is located. If Member brings any personal property onto the premises of Victoria Barbell Club inc or onto Victoria Barbell Club inc’s parking area, Member takes such action at Member's sole risk. It is hereby understood that Victoria Barbell Club inc is not responsible in any way for damage to or loss of any personal property which Member brings onto the premises of the Victoria Barbell Club inc or onto Victoria Barbell Club inc’s parking area, including but not limited to, losses due to theft, damage, or car accident. Member hereby holds Victoria Barbell Club inc, its successors, assigns, owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by Member, on Member's behalf, by Member's family, and Member's executors, administrators, and personal representatives for any such injuries or claims aforesaid and Member for himself and on behalf or his family, executors, administrators, and personal representatives does hereby forever release and discharge Victoria Barbell Club inc, its successors, assigns, owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents from all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, losses and expenses. This section will survive any cancellation of this Agreement.
(1) NOTICE TO PURCHASER: DO NOT SIGN THIS CONTRACT UNTIL YOU READ IT OR IF IT CONTAINS BLANK SPACES.
(2) IF YOU DECIDE YOU DO NOT WISH TO REMAIN A MEMBER OF VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC, YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT BY MAILING TO VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC BY MIDNIGHT OF THE THIRD BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DAY YOU SIGN THIS CONTRACT A NOTICE STATING YOUR DESIRE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT. THE WRITTEN NOTICE MUST BE MAILED BY CERTIFIED MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: #117-2675 WILFERT ROAD VICTORIA, BC V9B 6M3
(3) IF VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC GOES OUT OF BUSINESS AND DOES NOT PROVIDE FACILITIES WITHIN 10 KM OF THE FACILITY IN WHICH YOU ARE ENROLLED OR IF VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB MOVES MORE THAN 10 KM FROM THE FACILITY IN WHICH YOU ARE ENROLLED, YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT BY MAILING A NOTICE TO VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC STATING YOUR DESIRE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT, ACCOMPANIED BY PROOF OF PAYMENT ON THE CONTRACT. THE WRITTEN NOTICE MUST BE MAILED BY CERTIFIED MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: #117-2675 WILFERT ROAD VICTORIA, BC V9B 6M3
IF YOU DIE OR BECOME TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLED AFTER THE DATE THIS CONTRACT TAKES EFFECT, YOU OR YOUR ESTATE MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AND RECEIVE A PARTIAL REFUND OF YOUR UNUSED MEMBERSHIP FEE BY MAILING A NOTICE TO VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC STATING YOUR DESIRE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT. VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC MAY REQUIRE PROOF OF DISABILITY OR DEATH. THE WRITTEN NOTICE MUST BE MAILED BY CERTIFIED MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
#117-2675 WILFERT ROAD VICTORIA, BC V9B 6M3
MEMBER ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF A FULLY COMPLETED COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT EXECUTED BY BOTH VICTORIA BARBELL CLUB INC AND MEMBER AND ACKNOWLEDGES THE AGREEMENT TERMS.
I recognize that participating at Victoria Barbell Club Inc may involve strenuous physical activity including, but not limited to, muscle strength and endurance training, cardiovascular conditioning and training, and other various fitness activities. I hereby affirm that I am in good physical condition and do not suffer from any known disability or condition which would prevent or limit my participation in Victoria Barbell Club inc. I acknowledge that my participating in VictoriaBarbell Clubinc is purely voluntary and is in no way mandated by Victoria Barbell Club inc. In consideration of my participation in Victoria Barbell Club inc, I hereby release Victoria Barbell Club Inc and its agents from any claims, demands, and causes of action as a result of my voluntary participation in Victoria Barbell Club inc. I fully understand that I may injure myself as a result of my subsequent participation in Victoria Barbell Club inc and I hereby release Victoria Barbell Club inc and its agents from any liability now or in the future for conditions that I may obtain. These conditions may include, but are not limited to, heart attacks, strokes, muscle strains, muscle pulls, muscle tears, broken bones, shin splints, injuries to knees or other joints of the body, injuries to back, injuries to a foot, heat prostration, or any other illness or soreness that I may incur, including death.
Covid 19 Orientation and Declaration Statement