Through community support, football and cheerleading programs are subsidized and are generally affordable for all. Football and Cheerleading programs will offer scholarships on an individual basis as funds are available.
Guidelines for the Brayden Thornbury Memorial Scholarship:
1. In order to best serve you, the financial aid request form must be completed with all requested data. THE REQUEST WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION NECESSARY TO MAKE A DECISION.
2. All applications are reviewed by the Board. The following information is used to make the decisions of who will receive financial assistance:
A. Review of financial aid forms and proof of income.
B. Size of family in household.
C. A sliding scale has been adopted to assist in the decision-making. This scale is based upon federal poverty standards set by the federal government.
D. Personal interview, if needed.
3. Financial assistance is given for the length of one Football/Cheerleading Season.
4. Scholarship recipient families are required to complete a minimum of ten (10) hours of voluntary service per scholarship granted. Two (2) of the ten (10) volunteer hours must be completed at the Bray Bowl and two (2) of the (10) volunteer hours must be completed at the Field & Concession clean up.
5. Parents or Guardians are required to participate in any organizational fundraisers.
6. Parent or Guardians must commit to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled practices and games.