1. Substance Abuse & Weapons – The use of alcohol & illegal drugs are strictly prohibited in or around the house. Anyone under the influence (as determined by the on-duty Manager) will be asked to leave. Weapons are strictly prohibited in or around the house.
2. Smoking – Smoking within the house, on decks, at entrances, in the parking areas, or in the playground is strictly prohibited. Smoking is permitted ONLY in the gazebo around the side of the building off the parking lot. Violators will lose their room at Ronald McDonald House.
3. Food –Food and drink are allowed in the kitchen, dining room and patio area. Please refrain from having food in the guestroom. Utilize your designated locker and refrigerator in the kitchen to store personal food. Cooking is allowed 7am- 9pm. Clean up after yourselves throughout the House. Nothing should be left in the sinks, on the stoves or the countertops. All dishes must be rinsed and then placed in the dishwasher to sanitize them.
4. Candles – No candles or incense are allowed in the guestrooms.
5. Security – DO NOT give access code or open doors to anyone who is not a registered guest. Please report any suspicious activity immediately to the on-duty Manager. Secure your valuables during your stay, RMHC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
6. Visitors – Visitors are allowed at designated times. Registered guests must be in the House while visitors are present unless the manager on duty is notified. Visitors will sign-in and wear a name tag.
7 Wristbands – Each registered guest of RMHC should always wear a red RMH wristband. This makes registered guests easily identifiable to staff and ensures the safety of each person staying at RMH.
8. Occupancy - The room MUST be utilized DAILY. Prior approval must be obtained from the Manager on duty to leave the room vacant overnight. Leaving room vacant without approval may result in losing your room. All overnight and respite guests must be registered, all people 19 and older must complete and pass a background check before utilizing RMHC of Mobile. NO pets allowed.
9.Proper Attire – Socks or shoes must always be worn in common areas and modest clothing is encouraged.
10. Children – Siblings are welcome but must be registered. Children (13 years of age or younger) must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian while at RMHC. Children (13 years of age or younger) are not to be anywhere in the house without an adult. Children (ages 14 – 18) are allowed to be in the house without adult supervision, but their parent and/or guardian must be in the building at RMHC, when the adult leaves the building, the child must accompany them.
11. Cleaning – Each family is responsible for keeping their room and the common areas clean. Cleaning supplies are available under the bathroom sinks or can be obtained by asking a staff/volunteer. Vacuum cleaners and brooms are available in the janitor’s closets located on each floor. Please return them to the janitor’s closets when finished. Please take trash out as often as needed. The trash container is located across the street at the back of the parking lot. You are responsible for cleaning your room at time of check-out. Please see Check Out Procedures.
12. Laundry – Families may use the laundry room during their stay for personal use. Please don’t leave laundry unattended. Remember to sign up, 1 family per time slot.
13. Misconduct/Harassment – Disruptive & unruly behavior, or general misconduct (as determined by the on-duty Manager) is prohibited and may result in loss of room. Harassment of any guest, visitor, staff, or volunteer is strictly prohibited and will result in eviction and notification of the police. Any intentional infliction of pain and corporal punishment are NOT allowed. If you are subject to any harassment, please contact Management.
14. Parking – The parking lot is located across the street. The parking spots in front of the house are reserved for handicap individuals and loading and unloading. Vehicles should be registered with office.
15. Daily Sign In – Each family must sign in at the reception desk daily for the assigned guest room only.
16. Health & Safety - Anyone with suspected COVID 19 or any other illness must depart/check out as quickly as possible. Any family member being referred with a child in the hospital suspected of having a communicable disease must be cleared by the medical staff who is currently involved in the child's medical care by completing the Medical Clearance Form.
Note: The House staff reserves the right to enter any guest room for routine or emergency maintenance, general inspection of facility, or any other reason. The House reserves the right to deny entrance to any guest or refuse continued occupancy because of past conduct or violation of the House Guidelines Management must approve exceptions to these guidelines in advance.