With my signature below I am aware of the inherent risks of participating in physical activity such as Rugby League. I will inform a Club First Aid Officer or Club Official of any problem that may occur during the season that is relevant to my child playing Rugby League. The effectiveness of this information will only work if you complete the medical honestly and view such in a positive manner. That is caring for those who matter mostly in the game of Rugby League….. Your child….. The Player.
(Please ensure you are aware of and have read and signed the Code of Conduct policy on the reverse.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS /OFFICIALS /SPECTATORS
1. All persons attending matches controlled by the League do so with the permission and license of the League and not otherwise.
2. At all times carers, coaches, trainers and other persons must agree to be bound by this Code prior to acceptance of registration of their child or themselves.
3. No person/s (players, officials or spectators) attending a match controlled by the League shall:
a. Use offensive or obscene language to any player, coach, referee, touch judge, official or other spectator;
b. Enter the Field of Play during the course of a match without the prior approval of the Ground Manager appointed by the home club and/or league;
c. Dispute the decision of a referee or touch judge either during or after a match;
d. Assault or act with aggression to any person/s;
e. Behave in a way contrary to this Code of Conduct and/or the spirit of the game;
f. Behave in a way which disturbs the enjoyment of the match by any other person/s, or brings discredit to the home club and/or league;
g. Act in such a way as to exhibit racial intolerance, by language or other conduct, to any other person/s;
h. Refuse to accept the reasonable direction of the Ground Manager, official of the home club and/or league, or official of the team/club which that person/s is supporting.
4. Any person/s contravening Rule 3 may be reported by the Ground Manager to the Team Manager or other official of the team which that person/s is supporting. Where a team does not have a Team Manager present, a request or direction from the Ground Manager to any official of the team or the team’s club shall be regarded as a direction to the Team Manager for the purposes of this Code.
5. The Ground Manager and/or Team Manager must advise the offending person/s of the relevant breach of the Code. The Ground Manager must note the details of their report to the Team Manager on the reverse of the team sheet.
6. In the event that the inappropriate conduct continues, the Ground Manager and/or Team Manager may request the offender/s to immediately leave the ground. This should also be noted on the team sheet. TDJRL Rules Adopted 17.10.15 32 of 37
7. In the event the person/s refuses to obey the direction of the Ground Manager and/or Team Manager, the Ground Manager may direct the referee to terminate the match. In the event that the match is so terminated, the club’s and/or league’s committee may, at its absolute discretion award the competition points to the non-offending team, or declare that neither side shall be awarded competition points for that match.
8. Above all – this is our kids sport. We are there to watch all players do their best on and off the field and we would ask that everyone - players, carer’s, parents and officials ensure you act in the correct regard.