Reason for transportation:
St. Fiacres Catholic Primary school does not have a before school care program. Children from St. Fiacres who require care can be enrolled at Leichhardt OOSH and are walked to St. Fiacres Catholic Primary School before school starts.
When will children be transported:
On any day, a St. Fiacres child is booked into before school care at LOOSH, Children and Educators will depart LOOSH at 8:15am. The expected arrival time at St. Fiacres is between 8:25 and 8:30.
Leichhardt Public School 101 - 103 Norton St Leichhardt
St. Fiacres Catholic Primary School 98 Catherine St Leichhardt
Anticipated number of children: 1-6
Anticipated number of educators to accompany and supervise: 1 educator
Proposed route: (Map available on rear of this permission form)
1. Exit out the main Leichhardt PS gate onto the Marion St footpath heading east until reaching Balmain Rd. Educators will ensure students stop at the crossing light (1/2 metre back from the road) and cross as a group only when the pedestrian light is green.
2.Continue on Leichhardt St (Marion St becomes Leichhardt St east of Balmain Rd).
3. At the roundabout at MacKenzie St, turn right.
4.Continue south on MacKenzie St, staying on the footpath, until halfway up the street.
5. At this point, the educator will wait until the road is safely clear in both directions and stand in the middle of the road.
6. The educator will then direct children to cross in front of them to the footpath on the opposite side of the street.
7. Once the children are safely across the street, the educator will join them and continue south on MacKenzie street until reaching the main St Fiacre's site gate.
8. Educator and children will continue into the school property, heading east and enter the school property through the main school gate.
9. LOOSH educator will inform a teacher that they are leaving the children in the teachers' care.