Chromebook Loan Agreement
The Chromebook loan program is for students entering 5th through 12th grade, as well as students entering 3rd through 4th grade who take devices off campus in the event of remote learning and/or quarantine circumstances. This program is designed to improve student achievement by expanding and enhancing technology access, collaboration capabilities, and creativity for students in their learning.
Description of Loaned Property
The DISTRICT will provide to the student, according to the terms and conditions specified in this Agreement, the following device, equipment and accessories:
1. One (1) Chromebook
2. One (1) Power adapter
Throughout this Agreement, use of the term "device" is understood to include all of the items listed under "loaned property".
Chromebook Loan Agreement Terms
This Agreement will end on June 10, 2022, with the withdrawal of the student from the DISTRICT, or upon termination of this Agreement.
The DISTRICT agrees to:
1. Provide a device in good working order upon delivery.
2. Provide basic training on how to care, handle, and use the Chromebook for learning.
3.Provide basic device support and exchange of the device as available.
In the event of loss or damage of any kind to the Chromebook, the DISTRICT will, at its sole discretion, determine the cost and family's obligation associated with any damage to the Chromebook. We recommend using a protective case/sleeve for the Chromebook to help reduce the risk of damage. These situations may result in a temporary loss of access to a district device until the student's assigned device is repaired or an alternate loaning device beomes available.
The FAMILY and STUDENT acknowledges and agrees to:
1. Parents/Guardians are required to read this document and consent to the contained policies, by completing the necessary form, in order for their child to receive the device. It is encouraged that parents/guardians review this acknowledgement section with their child.
2. Each device has an identifying asset tag which must not be removed or altered. The device must remain free of all other writing, drawings, stickers or labels.
3. Use the device in a careful and proper manner that is strictly for district-supported curriculum.
4. The District reserves the right to repossess the device and accessories at any time if the student does not fully comply with the terms of this agreement. The District may also choose to limit and/or withdraw home use privileges for failure to comply.
5. The use of the device during instructional times is governed by the classroom teachers.
6. The device may ONLY be used by the student to whom it was assigned. The student may not loan it to another student unless directed by your school.
7. It is the responsibility of the student to keep his/her information secure.
8. Students are encouraged to store documents, worksheets, notes and other files to Google Drive; students are responsible for backing up and saving all work.
9. If the device needs to be restored due to technical difficulties or another reason, the District is not responsible for loss of any content put on the devices by the student such as music, video, photo, documents, etc.
10. Assume responsibility for supervising the student's use of the device at home, following the guidelines of the Family and Student Handbook.
11. The device is, and at all times shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of the DISTRICT, and the FAMILY shall have no right, title, or interest therein, except as set forth in this Agreement.
12. Contact the district's Help Desk at 218-336-8732 if you have any questions or problems with the district Chromebook.
13. The FAMILY shall indemnify and hold harmless the DISTRICT and its agents against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney's fees and costs arising out of, connected with or resulting from the device, use of the device, or this Agreement, including, without limitation, the manufacture, delivery, possession, use, operation, or return of the device.
14. Return the Chromebook to your school or report the Chromebook as lost. Agree to pay all replacement or repair costs.