By signing this Renovation Application, the Owner agrees and acknowledges that:
1. The by-laws for the strata scheme to be complied with at all times.
2. All necessary permissions including building or planning permits have been obtained.
3. All works will be carried out in a safe and workmanlike manner by qualified tradespeople.
4. All contractors visiting the site for the purpose of the Renovations will be informed that the secured common property including the garage area is smoke free.
5. The Owner indemnifies the Owners Corporation against:
a) Any legal liability, loss, claim or proceedings in respect of any injury, loss or damage to the common property or to other property to the extent that such injury, loss or damage arises from or in relation to the Renovations;
b) Any amount payable by way of increased building insurance premiums by the Owners Corporation as a direct result of the Renovations;
6. The Owner must, at the Owner’s cost:
a) Properly maintain and keep the common property on which the device (which forms part of this application) is erected or attached in a state of good and serviceable repair; and
b) Properly maintain and keep the Renovations in a state of good and serviceable repair and must replace the renovations (or any part of them) as required from time to time.
7. If the Owner removes the Renovations or any part of the Renovations made under any approval following this application, the Owner must at the Owner’s own cost, restore and reinstate the common property to its original condition.
8. Any loss and/or damage suffered by the Owners Corporation as a result of making the Renovations good may be recovered from the Owner as a debt due to the Owners Corporation on demand with interest at the rate of 10% per annum until the loss and damage is made good.
9. Major building works like demolition are only permitted from 0800 – 1600 Monday to Friday. To preserve amenity for your neighbours, no weekend noise or vibration is allowed except under exceptional circumstances and only then if specific approval is given by the Strata Committee.
10. Every effort will be made by the Owner to minimise the impact of their Renovation works on the amenity of fellow residents or possible damage to common property.
11. All rubbish or waste will be removed from the site daily by the contractors and not placed in the common property rubbish or recycling bins.
12. At the end of each working day, the Owner will inspect common property areas traversed by the contractors and will clean the areas of any building waste, material or dust resulting from the Renovations.
13. If you are not named as Owner on the Lot Title you must attach documentary evidence that you are legally entitled to act on behalf of the Owner, e.g. Company or Trust nominee letter or Power of Attorney.