The Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) is Australia’s oldest and largest senior football competition. The start of the 2022 football season is fast approaching and we are now recruiting new Boundary, Field and Goal umpires. There has never been a better time to join VAFA umpiring with many games requiring umpires to be appointed each weekend.
Once you sign up with the VAFA you will join a group of over 400 passionate and supportive umpires. You will learn the basics of umpiring by completing the online introductory course and achieve a nationally recognised accreditation. You will then attend training to learn practical on field umpiring skills and umpire games of football at clubs in your local area.
Reasons to become a VAFA Umpire:
1. Generous match payments that are tax free
2. Safe and family friendly environment on match day with a zero-alcohol policy.
3. Amateur Status where players are not paid and play for the love of the game
4. Get fit and stay fit, umpiring is a great form of exercise with weekly fitness sessions
5. Make new friends and join in a variety of fun social activities
6. Learn valuable life skills such as conflict resolution, leadership and teamwork that you can bring with you into any career path.
Steps involved to become a VAFA Umpire:
1. Sign up as a VAFA Umpire- click here
2. Complete the AFL Introductory Umpire Course- click here
3. Attend training at Elsternwick Park Oval- Glenhuntly Road, Brighton
4. Be appointed to and umpire your first game for the VAFA
Should you have any questions about how to join VAFA umpiring, please contact VAFA Umpire Operations Manager Stephen Privitera via email: email@example.com