Volunteers can support our efforts to make our Communities a go-to resource for alumni to connect and collaborate by helping to plan networking meetups, volunteer projects, and other fun and meaningful gatherings for fellow graduates and current students.
We are open to your ideas about new ways to network, mentor, and serve within your Alumni Community Group! Some ideas for potential Alumni Volunteer opportunities include:
- Networking with fellow alumni online via LinkedIn, The New School Network, and other social media platforms
- Discovering and sharing news and opportunities that could benefit fellow alumni and current students.
- Brainstorming and/or planning new ways of gathering alumni and current students in person and virtually over shared values, heritage, geographic location, and more. These events may take the form of professional networking receptions, organized volunteer projects in your community or shared interest group, or any number of other possibilities.
- Providing mentorship and encouragement to current students at every point of their New School journey, from Orientation to Commencement, and inviting others to join you by signing up for mentorship hours, attending networking events with students, and posting congratulatory messages on social media.
The Office of Alumni Engagement will support your efforts as a volunteer through training, guidance, and technical assistance.
We also seek alumni interested in a higher level of involvement to actively collaborate with our office in leading and supporting their fellow volunteers . Develop your leadership skills and build your resume with exciting and impactful projects including:
- Committing to planning and executing up to 3 events or projects annually in collaboration with our office.
- Becoming a social media ambassador and actively promoting messages from our office online.
- Convening fellow Alumni Community volunteers.
Read our Privacy Notice for alumni.