SECTION C - Withdrawal and refund information in relation to VET student loans
The following applies to eligible VET Student Loan students who are enrolled in a VET Student Loan approved Students who withdraw from a Unit of Study or a course of study are required to notify Move Academy in writing.
1. Students enrolled in a course that has been cancelled by Move Academy will be refunded or the loan remitted (for course fees)
2. Refunds are to be made to the student, company or third party who originally paid the course fees
3. Students are not eligible for the refund of incidental fees
4. Original payment via Credit/Debit Card and refund requested to the same card requires the card information, at the time the refund is processed. A Move Academy staff member will be in contact with the student to securely obtain information related to the Credit/Debit card or bank details. Move Academy will not ask for the full credit card number to be recorded on any documents
6. Students who withdraw from a Unit of Study on or before the census day will receive a refund of their course fees if they have self paid, or will not incur a debt via VET Student Loan if they have taken out a VET Student Loan (includes future Units of Study)
7. Students who withdraw after the census day of a Unit of Study:
- will receive no refund of the Unit of Study fees if they have self-paid
- will be liable for the full debt for the Unit of Study if they have taken out a VET Student Loan
- will only be eligible for a refund or reversal of their VET Student Loan under "Special Circumstances'
8. Special Circumstances are listed in the VET Student Loan Information Student booklet. Students must submit a completed Application to re-credit a HELP Balance form as stipulated under the VET Student Loans Act 2016
9. All decisions to re-credit a HELP balance can only be made in accordance with the requirements of the Act
10. Requests for re-crediting a HELP balance should be made within 12 months of the census day (unless Move Academy is satisfied the application could not be made within the time frame because of special circumstances)
11. Students cannot apply for a re-credit if they have successfully completed the course. Students who have not completed the course can apply for a re-credit for Units of Study where the "Special Circumstances' criteria applies. Further information, see VET Student Loans on the Move Academy website or the Study Assist website
12. Written notification of the students intent to 'withdraw/discontinue' their studies is by this form completed by the student
13. Withdrawal effective date is when the student notifies Move Academy of their intention to withdraw, as per note 12
14. Move Academy will take action to withdraw students from study where:
- Students have not demonstrated participation and/or attendance of their study on a regular basis. Move Academy will attempt contact to determine their status of continuing enrolment or withdrawal from their studies. Move Academy will assist students to re-commence their studies, however if no response is received within times specified, action will be taken to withdraw/close the enrolment
- The student cannot demonstrate competency in all applicable practical/theory/workplace components of study. Move Academy is under no obligation to offer repeat attempts at a Unit of Competency or continue an enrolment where successful competency is not demonstrated.