Thank you for your interest in Spirit Rock’s seventh Dedicated Practitioner Program (DPP7). This is a two year program for serious practitioners of Insight Meditation to deepen understanding of the Dharma, strengthen practice, and integrate compassion and wisdom into our day-to-day lives. This program is designed as an intensive lay practice period and offers a comprehensive curriculum on the Buddha's teachings. In addition to attending all five 6-night training/residential retreats, participants commit to maintaining meditative practice, monthly coursework, monthly group meetings, and contact with a mentoring teacher.
Through this program, we study traditional texts and Buddhist suttas; and use the dharma, our meditation practice, and our sangha to understand ways suffering and freedom is created in our hearts, our lives, our communities, and the world. Integral to this program is an exploration of the gross and subtle manifestations of social suffering and its impact on personal and collective well-being. Our intention is to create a diverse and vibrant community of practitioners who support each other in waking up and in bringing more wisdom and compassion into the world.
Residential Retreat Schedule (Scheduled to be in-person)
- April 30 – May 6, 2022 Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- November 11 – 17, 2022 Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- April 15 – 21, 2023 Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- November 11 – 17, 2023 Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- April 28 – May 4, 2024 Spirit Rock Meditation Center
Application Timeline & Process
June 1 – August 15, 2021 – Applications accepted between these dates. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
August 15, 2021 – Deadline to submit application. All applications sent after this date will be put in a waitlist reserve to only be reviewed if space opens up in the program.
October 1, 2021 – Notification of your status will be sent no later than this date via email.
November 1, 2021 – Commitment and payment deadline; 25% deposit required at time of acceptance; $100 non-refundable fee, if cancel prior to Jan 1, 2022.
When completing this application, please answer all questions. When completing narrative questions please provide brief, thoughtful responses. We encourage you to respond truthfully, from the heart, in a straightforward way rather than being concerned about creating a particular impression.
$13,700 - Benefactor
$10,700 - Sustainer
$7,700 - Base
Scholarship sliding scale:
$5,700 - Scholarship Rate 1
$3,700 - Scholarship Rate 2
*Payment plans are available for all levels of the sliding scale.
- Accommodations and meals at all five residential retreats
- Handouts and program materials
- Access to social media and online community building groups
Tuition does NOT include:
- Teacher support (dana) at all retreats
- Texts and some supplemental books required by the teaching team
- Transportation costs to/from your home to Spirit Rock
- Mentor and monthly group teacher support (dana) for meetings with a mentoring teacher
Please complete by August 15, 2021. This is an online application only. You will receive a copy of your submitted application upon its completion.
- Allow yourself at least 30 minutes to complete this entire application.
- Gather details on your previous retreat experience; you will have to list your retreat time; Example format: date (month/year), location of retreat (what center), teacher(s), style of retreat (metta or vipassana, etc.), # of nights.
- Get prior approval from your sponsoring teacher before listing them on the application. You will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation from the sponsoring teacher.
- All information is confidential to the teaching and management teams of this program.
- If you have any questions, please contact our DPP7 Administrative Coordinator at DPP7@spiritrock.org.