NOTE: This contest is scheduled to run for 10 weeks. The News Reporter retains the right to terminate the contest before the 10 weeks is up. The News Reporter may (but does not have to) remove from consideration any contest game that is rescheduled.
Pigskin Picks Contest Rules:
1) Click on the bubble in front of the team you predict will win each game on that week's contest.
2) Predict the highest number of COMBINED points to be scored in any of the current week’s contest games and place the number in the appropriate box. This will be used as a tiebreaker. The contestant predicting *closest to the correct highest combined points scored in a contest game that week will be declared the winner. *UNDER beats OVER. For example, if the highest combined point total is 90, a prediction of 88 beats a prediction of 92. Half point predictions (example: 75.5) are acceptable. If a tie still exists, the $50 weekly prize money will be divided evenly between those contestants.
3) Contest entries are due in to The News Reporter office by NOON on Friday if from the print edition and by NOON, Friday if submitted online.
4) If less than 10 of the games scheduled for any week of the Pigskin Picks contest are played that week, no contest winner will be determined and no prize awarded for that week.
5) Contest participants are limited to ONE entry per individual. Any duplication of a name on a form (print or online) will disqualify all of that person’s entries for that week.
6) ONLY OFFICIAL CONTEST FORMS ARE ALLOWED! NO REPRODUCTIONS from the print edition will be scored.
7) Winners will be announced in the Tuesday edition of The News Reporter the week following the contest.
8) Employees of The News Reporter and their immediate families are not eligible to win prizes.