Informed Consent and Acknowledgment
I understand that part of the camping experience involves activities and group interactions that may be new to my child, and that they come with uncertainties beyond what my child may be used to dealing with at home. Such risks include uneven terrain, standing, and moving water, forested and other areas that may result in wildlife encounters including mammals, reptiles and insects that may result in infections and various insect-transmitted diseases. In addition, there are certain unavoidable risks associated with various game and play activities such as collisions, wayward objects such as balls and other equipment and other risks. I am aware of these risks, and I am assuming them on behalf of my child. I realize that no environment is risk-free, and so I have instructed my child on the importance of abiding by the camp’s rules, and my child and I both agree that he or she is familiar with these rules and will obey them.
Medical Release and Authorization
1. As Parent and/or Guardian of the named child, I hereby authorize the diagnosis and treatment by a qualified and licensed medical professional, of the minor child, in the event of a medical emergency, which in the opinion of the attending medical professional, requires immediate attention to prevent further physical disfigurement, physical impairment, endangerment of the minor’s life, or other undue pain, suffering or discomfort, if delayed.
2. Permission is hereby granted to the attending physician to proceed with any medical or minor surgical treatment, x-ray examination and immunizations for the named child. In the event of an emergency arising out of serious illness, the need for major surgery, or significant accidental injury, I understand that every attempt will be made by the attending physician to contact me in the most expeditious way possible. This authorization is granted only after a reasonable effort has been made to reach me.
3. Permission is also granted to Camp Segal and its affiliates including directors, coaches, and team parents to provide any medical treatment deemed necessary by Camp Segal’s medical staff prior to the child’s admission to a medical facility.
4. Release authorized on the dates and/or duration of the registered season.
5. This release is authorized and executed of my own free will, with the sole purpose of authorizing medical treatment under emergency circumstances, for the protection of life and limb of the named minor child, in my absence.
Safer Together - Day Camps - COVID 19
Before sending your child to Camp Segal, we want to make sure you understand that in light of the current medical, legal and economic conditions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, and recognizing that these conditions are subject to abrupt change at any time, you are sending your child to camp under the following conditions:
1. While we wish that we could control every possible risk, and while we will use our best efforts to keep your child safe from the COVID-19 virus, we want to make clear that we cannot promise or guarantee that this or any other pathogen will not enter camp, and that by the very nature of the personal interaction that takes place in the camp environment, there is always a risk of your child becoming ill with this or any other communicable disease. We want you to be fully aware of this risk in making the decision to send your child to camp this summer, and that you are willing to assume and accept it on your child’s behalf.
2. Our efforts to keep your child safe include minimizing contact with anyone outside of the camp community. To that end we will not be allowing any in-person visitation during the summer. We know this could present a problem for some families, so we want to be sure that you understand the necessity of isolating our campus as much as possible.
3. Because we want to do everything to keep camp operating in a safe manner, if your child is exhibiting symptoms such as an elevated fever of or tests positive for COVID-19 or another communicable disease, they may be quarantined as recommended by our medical staff. Depending upon the medical advice we receive, you may be required to make immediate arrangements to pick up your child. We understand the hardship this could present, but we want to do all we can to assure the safety of both your child and the rest of the camp population.
4. If your child has been in contact with anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of or who has COVID-19, you must contact us immediately so that we may decide on an appropriate protocol.
5. We have been doing all we can to open camp for the 2021 season. As in any year, much of the cost to prepare and operate a camp is incurred prior to the camp season. For this reason, if camp closes before the scheduled last day, whether by government order or by a decision of the directors that doing so is in the best interests of campers and staff, we cannot promise to provide any refunds of your tuition.