1. A booking fee of $550 (non-refundable) is payable at the time of booking the mare to stud and returning the Breeding Contract. The booking fee is deductible from the breeding fee and is valid for one breeding season only (including semen orders). One form per mare required, please attached a copy of mare’s REGISTRATION PAPERS.
2. The mare to be bred shall be healthy, in sound breeding condition, halter broken, unshod and well mannered.
3. In an emergency, Beljay has permission to call a vet if attention is required. All veterinary costs are to be paid by mare owner.
4. Balance of breeding fees are due paid in full to Beljay on a positive 14 day pregnancy test. Mares will not be released until all moneys owing are paid in full.
5. The Mare owner is to inform Beljay of the result of the 42 day pregnancy scan. A breeding certificate will be issued to the mare owner.
6. The mare owner understands that Beljay is not responsible for accidents, sickness, death, injury or disease to the mare or foal; however it will take all reasonable precautions in its care and supervision. The owner understands and acknowledges that entering Beljay’s property entails safety risks and Beljay will not be responsible for any accidents or injury to the mare, any foal or the owner.
7. AQHA , ASHS and EPA Breeding Certificates will not be issued unless the mare is registered with those Associations. Only owners whose accounts are paid in full including Veterinary and agistment costs will be issued with breeding certificates.
8. Frozen semen orders are to be paid for in full. Once payment is cleared, semen will be released to the owner for shipping. The owner of the mare will be allowed two attempts to receive a positive result at the breeding price, any attempts beyond will be required to pay $550 for a third attempt.
9. All excess un used semen is to be returned to Gene movers at the mare owners expense, including any handle fees that may occur.
10. The mare owner is responsible for the cost of shipping frozen or chilled semen. The Beljay is not responsible for lost, damaged or delayed shipments.
11. As much notice is required for shipping of frozen or chilled semen, at a minimum of 48 hours. A semen request form must be completed and returned to Beljay prior to shipping. All breeding, shipping and collection fees must be paid in full prior to shipping.
12. Semen must be used to breed 1 foal to the mare and not to breed another mare or breed more than 1 foal. Breeding by embryo transfer using the semen which results in more than 1 foal will incur a breeding fee for each additional foal.
13. A free return (Live Foal Guarantee) is given with return privilege the following season. It is understood that if the foal does not stand up and nurse for 48 hours, the mare owner will be entitled to a return privilege subject to conditions. Beljay must be informed within 1 week from death of foal and given a statement from a licensed Veterinarian of the death and that the mare is suitable for re-breeding. If the mare is to be returned and her owner fails to deliver her for re-breeding the following season, any and all fees will be forfeited and the guarantee lapses. No guarantee on the return privilege service. The mare owner must pay all costs aside from the Breeding Fee.
To view a full set of our conditions go to www.beljay.com.au/forms or can be requested.