A note about body weight: It is very important that you provide us with an accurate body weight on your reservation form. Due to aircraft limitations, we are required to weigh you prior to your trip. If your provided weight is inaccurate, we may unexpectedly have to split up your group or we may be unable to accommodate you. In these cases no refunds will be provided. For your safety, if your group of four has a combined weight over 720#, we may have to split you up and an additional charge could apply. This also applies to any participant weighing over 220#. Please call us with any questions, 970.728.8377.
TERMS & CONDITIONSWe at Telluride Helitrax pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and the Heliskiing experiences which we provide. In return we ask that our guests understand that we must make advanced financial and time commitments in order to provide these services. Helicopter skiing/riding is a shared risk experience. We put every effort into making sure all of the ingredients over which we have control of are in place to provide you with an exceptional ski experience. We ask that you understand that certain elements of the experience are beyond our control, including weather, snow conditions and skier ability levels on a particular trip.
Each day’s seat requires a 20% deposit at the time of booking. Seven days prior to your trip, full payment is required. In the event inclement weather prevents Helitrax from flying on your preferred or available dates, this advanced deposit is completely refundable.
We fill up to 16 seats daily. If conditions allow, we can increase the seating to 24. These eight additional seats can be booked, but not guaranteed. Helitrax will do it’s best to accommodate you on your preferred ski date(s). Your acceptance of the terms and conditions commits you to ski/ride on all of your additional available day(s) in lieu of your preferred ski dates.
DAILY AVAILABILITY PRIORITYTelluride Helitrax reserves the right to reduce available seating from 16, to 12 or 8 guests, on any day. This decision will be occasionally made for operational reasons due to weather, avalanche hazard and/or snow conditions. We will make every effort to provide our clients 24-18 hours notice if they are going to be cancelled from a trip, though this decision may also be made as late as the morning of the your trip date. These canceled seats will not filled with other clients. These seats are cancelled and all Helitrax cancelled clients will be refunded 100% of their deposit. Seats are prioritized by the reservation dates. If you would like to avoid being cancelled for the reasons stated above, please make sure to reserve your seat early and/or select a date that puts you into the first 8 reserved seats for a given date. All other seats over 8 are provisional and subject to to this policy.
As a reservation holder, you are required to remain available to heli-ski until noon on each of your available days. If your trip is canceled due to inclement weather, we will try to reschedule your trip on a space available basis. Reservations are prioritized by sign-up date.
CHANGESNo changes to your reservation can be made within 14 days of your reservation ski date(s) except at the discretion of Telluride Helitrax. Reservation dates can be changed at no charge up until 14 days prior to your reserved date. Reservations carried over to a the next ski season are charged a 10% administration fee.
GUEST CANCELLATIONSOnce a reservation has been made, your deposit becomes non-refundable. Less than seven days prior, full payment, including your deposit, is non-refundable. This policy is in effect whether or not we are able to operate on your cancelled dates.
Guests absent, failing to complete a ski day, or who leave the field early for any reason, will be charged in full. In addition, those guest(s) may be charged for additional flight costs incurred to remove the guest(s) from the field and/or for shuttle fees to return the guest(s) to their respective accommodations. Excessively tardy guests cannot join the day and will be charged in full.
Due to the costly advanced commitments that Telluride Helitrax must make to provide our services, we cannot provide any refunds even in cases of sudden illness, injury, canceled airline flights, family emergencies or any other disruptions to your schedule. To offset this risk we highly recommend obtaining Travel Guard or another brand of travel insurance.
TELLURIDE HELITRAX CANCELLATIONSIf Telluride Helitrax cancels a ski trip before it begins, you will be refunded your entire deposit. If a trip underway is interrupted, the following percentages of the trip cost will charged: 1 run: $300 | 2 runs: 40% | 3 runs: 60% | 4 runs: 70% | 5 runs: 90%.
If you wish to roll your reservation over to a later date in the same season there is no charge. If you roll your reservation over to the next season, then you retain an equal dollar amount of credit towards a future reservation. Any rate difference between the initial reservation and the current rate on the date that the new reservation is made, will be charged. If an entire season passes and no reservation date is made against a deposit, then that deposit is forfeited to Telluride Helitrax.
Telluride Helitrax reserves the right to cancel reservations for reasons including, but not limited to, weather, backcountry snow conditions, and number of participants. Reservations are prioritized by sign-up date.
Gift certificates are valid for one year from the date of purchase. The actual gift certificate document must be presented in order to qualify for a reservation. A gift certificate may be rolled over for one additional year if the holder has actively made a reservation date with Telluride Helitrax and the trip was then cancelled by Telluride Helitrax. There is no charge for this qualified, one-time rollover to the following heli-ski season. If no reservation is made against a gift certificate for one year then the gift certificate is forfeited to Telluride Helitrax and becomes void.
All terms, conditions, and prices are subject to change.
EXPECTATIONSTo make a Helitrax reservation is to approve and accept the above terms and conditions.
In consideration of the services of Helitrax, Inc., their owners, agents, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, including but not limited to Mountain Blade Runner, LLC (hereby collectively referred to as “Helitrax”) and its “Related/Affiliated Parties” Telluride Resort and Spa L.L.C., a Delaware limited liability company, Peaks Capital Partners, LLC, a Colorado limited liability company and The Peaks Owners Association, Inc., a Colorado nonprofit corporation and their respective Members, Managers, directors, officers, partners, owners, employees, agents and representatives, I hereby agree to release and discharge Helitrax, the Department of Agriculture/U.S. Forest Service and the Related/Affiliated Parties on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that heli-skiing activities entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, death, or damage to myself, to my property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: helicopter skiing is usually accompanied by beautiful mountain scenery. Those same beautiful mountains pose a risk of avalanches. Avalanches may be caused by natural forces include the steepness of slopes, snow depth, in stability of the snowpack or changes in the weather conditions. Helitrax, or its staff, may misjudge whether the terrain is safe for skiing or where or when an avalanche may occur. The natural beauty of the mountainous areas used for helicopter skiing sometimes hides dangerous obstacles. Those obstacles may be hidden by snow and include, but are not limited to, ice and snow cornices, tree wells, tree stumps, creeks, rocks, boulders, forest deadfall, holes, depressions below the snow surface and varying and difficult snow conditions. Traveling to and from activity locations raises the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents; transmissible pathogen or disease; The ski terrain may not have been skied previously and skiing companions by skiing forested areas, wild rugged terrain, or bad weather.Communication in this mountainous terrain is always difficult and in the event of an accident; rescue and medical treatment may not immediately be available.
Furthermore, Helitrax guides have a difficult job to perform. The seek safety, but they cannot guarantee your safety in a mountain environment. They might be ignorant of a participant’s fitness and abilities. They might not be able to forecast the weather, or anticipate hazards posed by the elements of terrain. They are not infallible, and they may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all the risks arising out of my participation in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Helitrax, the United States Forest Service and the Related/Affiliated Parties, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Helitrax equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts of omissions of Helitrax and the Related/Affiliated Parties.
4. I hereby release and indemnify the Telluride Ski and Golf Company (“TSGC”) their subsidiaries, affiliates and respective officers, directors, agents, servants and employees of and from any and all liability claims, demands, action and causes of actions whatsoever arising out of or related to an loss, damage or injury to property or person including death, that may be sustained by any person during the course of Helitrax operations on or over (1) the incorporated Town of Mountain Village or (2) the area located within the TSGC’s U.S. Forest Service Special Use Permit for the Telluride Ski Area.
5. Should Helitrax, the Related/Affiliated Parties or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to defend, indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risks of any medical or physical condition I may have.
7. In the event that I file a lawsuit against Helitrax and/or the Related/Affiliated Parties, I agree to do so solely in a state court of competent jurisdiction in San Miguel County, Colorado, and I further agree that the substantive law of the State of Colorado, shall apply in that action without regard to conflict of law rules of that state. I also agree that the substantially prevailing party in any action shall recover their attorney fees and costs as well as their cost and expenses for any expert witnesses.
8. I agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is injured or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Helitrax and the Related/Affiliated Parties on the basis of any claim from which I have been released herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it and agree to be bound by its terms.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. DO NOT SIGN THIS RELEASE IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT.