Monday, July 19, 2021 at 11:59pm CST
• The application must be completed by the owner of the certified business and submitted by 11:59pm CST on Monday, July 19, 2021.
• Recipient(s) must be a current WBCS WBE in good standing. (Your length of membership does not matter.)
• Recipient(s) will be featured in a video highlighting the award recipient(s). Recipient(s) must be available for approximately one hour on August 4, 5, or 6 for a discussion about filming and one hour during the week of August 16 for filming, which will be done virtually. Recipient(s) and the videographer will decide on a time.
• WBEs who have received a Lillie Knox Award in the past are ineligible to submit an application for a period of two (2) years following receipt of the award.
• A selection committee will determine the recipient(s) and denomination of award(s). Recipients will be announced at the Harvesting Partnerships event, which will take place virtually on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
• Recipient(s) must agree that information from the application is available for use by WBCS in the presentation or publicity of the award.
• For a list of FAQs about the Lillie Knox Investment Award, go here.
• Suggestions to increase the strength of your application:
1) Provide context for your request clearly and concisely, assuming the reader isn't aware of what's going on in your business or marketplace.
2) Identify how you'll collaborate with fellow WBEs - either by hiring or partnering with them - as a result of the cash award.
3) Ask for funding for a one-time expense that will have a long-term impact, rather than something on-going like salary, rent, or education costs.
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Garner, Senior Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (817) 299-0566 Ext. 202.